• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Markings on belly

yaya26

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Since I am new to the bearded dragon I still dont know everything.. lol
i just wanted to know if markings on thier belly is normal.
Here is a pic to show you what i mean

2eujr04.jpg

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Since your dragon is new to your house, she/he is probably very scared. Those are stress marks. As they calm down over a few days, those markings should lighten and dissapear.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup...stress marks. They can be caused by stress and/or temps not being warm enough. What are the temp on the hot side of the tank and are they measured with a digital thermometer?
Also...just so you are aware...some (although rare) have those marking all the time and it is just part of their genes.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's good. You taking temps with a digital thermometer or a temp gun?
How long have you had him?

yaya26

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i use a digital thermometer..
I havent heard of a temp gun till now.

just got him about 5 days ago

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could just be relocation stress. Let her be for a few days. Only handle or bother to feed or soak. You might even want to put some paper around the outside of the tank to help the stress (if it is that). Eating and pooping okay?

yaya26

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry, have been busy..

yes he eats like a piggy. go though about 110 crickets a week. plus his salads..
poops everyday..

the marks are gone, the only time he has them is first thing in the morning when i turn lights on. so i am gussing cause he is a bit cold.
the temp at night doesn't go down past 68 - 70

Latest posts