• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male or female? Opinions please?

Shelly Montelione

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was told she was a female. Im just looking for more opinions. I believe she's between 3-4 months old. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• 20160824_133811.jpg
    20160824_133811.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 51

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
I can't tell from the picture try bending the tail back a little more (not too far or it can hurt them). Or try the flashlight method. If you see two ovals it's a boy or one bump in the middle for a girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
Looks like it might be a male to me but it's so confusing when they're younger

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
Yes it is! I thought my girl was a boy when she was little. Had to change the name from Spyro to Spyra lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep can't tell If you read the link below several of our comments we've put a section in the general care for how to tell the sex with a flashlight.. in dark room lay your dragon on a flat surface hold the tail backwards but not too far as it will hurt them, shine the flashlight from the top down thru the base of the tail if you see 2 ovals that is a boy if you see 1 bump in the middle thats a girl.