• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male laying what looks like an egg

PJG

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I'm new on here. Hope this post is ok. My male bearded dragon had constipation then went a lot and since then for a few weeks has been laying what look like eggs. I dont think it is the calcium poo part that are egg shaped and soft. Any advice on what this is and should I be worried?
16263565918965815495777334928925.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I'm new on here. Hope this post is ok. My male bearded dragon had constipation then went a lot and since then for a few weeks has been laying what look like eggs. I dont think it is the calcium poo part that are egg shaped and soft. Any advice on what this is and should I be worried?View attachment 28322
That is a egg and your male is a female -- make sure your giving extra calcium and I would get a lay box for HER
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

PJG

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is a egg and your male is a female -- make sure your giving extra calcium and I would get a lay box for HER
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.
Shadow is 8 years old and Never done this before. He has been to vets previously and they said he was a boy. I am assuming if it is an egg because he/she on own there is no way they can hatch.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shadow is 8 years old and Never done this before. He has been to vets previously and they said he was a boy. I am assuming if it is an egg because he/she on own there is no way they can hatch.
I have never heard of males laying eggs at all !!! Please post a pic of he dragons vent w/ the tail in the air so we can look -- have the dragon on the table w/ butt facing the camera tail in the air please

PJG

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have never heard of males laying eggs at all !!! Please post a pic of he dragons vent w/ the tail in the air so we can look -- have the dragon on the table w/ butt facing the camera tail in the air please
Will give it a go. Is that what you meant?

Attachments

• 16263663390378768181893070100333.jpg
    16263663390378768181893070100333.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 22

PJG

Bearded Dragon Egg
I see no prominent bumps above the vent - meaning it's a female- also I would find a new vet - www.arav.org
Right then that sorts that out. Is it normal to be so old before producing eggs. He sorry she has not done this before. Will look into a lay box. Thanks for the help I was getting really worried.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Right then that sorts that out. Is it normal to be so old before producing eggs. He sorry she has not done this before. Will look into a lay box. Thanks for the help I was getting really worried.
Was she frantically digging in the tank prior to? She needs extra calcium

PJG

Bearded Dragon Egg
Was she frantically digging in the tank prior to? She needs extra calcium
She (thats so weird to say after all these years) has always ran around digging thats how we know she wants to come out and run around. She normally has a poo at the same time. If she doesn't poo but continues I give her a bath and massage her tummy and then she goes. But it is always calcium and the dark with a wee. These little clutches of eggs are a recent thing. Just working out when we got her and it was before just after my daughter was born 9 year ago.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She (thats so weird to say after all these years) has always ran around digging thats how we know she wants to come out and run around. She normally has a poo at the same time. If she doesn't poo but continues I give her a bath and massage her tummy and then she goes. But it is always calcium and the dark with a wee. These little clutches of eggs are a recent thing. Just working out when we got her and it was before just after my daughter was born 9 year ago.
Her poop should be dark firm and moist urate should be white formed and moist- if it's dried out chalky looking she's dehydrated

PJG

Bearded Dragon Egg
Her poop should be dark firm and moist urate should be white formed and moist- if it's dried out chalky looking she's dehydrated
Cheers found this post from 2014 cause I was questioning my sanity and her age then. Over the last few weeks her poo has changed to more chalky if she is making eggs she may need more water. She is a monkey though never drinks from her water cage prefers the bath. Its funny when the cats are sun bathing and she tries to snuggle into the fur. They run a mile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-180243_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-180243_Facebook.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 22

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Y
Hi I'm new on here. Hope this post is ok. My male bearded dragon had constipation then went a lot and since then for a few weeks has been laying what look like eggs. I dont think it is the calcium poo part that are egg shaped and soft. Any advice on what this is and should I be worried?View attachment 28322
You have a female as she is laying eggs. Congratulations.

Latest posts