• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mail-in fecal testing

Bibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey there. I adopted an adult female dragon back in November. She’s a great little girl, but lately hasn’t been eating much. I’d like to have her tested for parasites but our vet is more than an hour away. I’d rather not subject her to the car ride if I don’t have to. Anyone ever tried one of the mail-in tests? I found one on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J5SOZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cnr4Eb0Q762D3

Bibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey I know it's been a while but did you ever try it out?
I did! The company just called to tell me they’d received the sample and would call back tonight or tomorrow with results. While I was on their website I noticed they do have a reptile specific test... this test does test for coccidia which is the main thing. I’ll let you know about the results.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I did! The company just called to tell me they’d received the sample and would call back tonight or tomorrow with results. While I was on their website I noticed they do have a reptile specific test... this test does test for coccidia which is the main thing. I’ll let you know about the results.
Ok cool keep us updated!

Bibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey I know it's been a while but did you ever try it out?
Yes, I did. I was impressed by their service! Once they received my sample, I got a phone call AND an email letting me know they'd received it and would be back in touch with results. The next morning, I got a phone call from a real person. And I ordered some panacur since she does indeed have a heavy coccidia load. Where do they get those things anyway? I order my live feeders from a reputable source... just wondering. I really hope she starts eating better once we have this resolved. I see all these videos of beardies clamoring for their phoenix worms, and all she does is turn her nose up. She used to love hornworms but this last order just ended up pupating because she wasn't interested: those are some expensive cocoons. I'm trying to transition her to eating more veggies and fewer live things. I don't know how old she is, but she was just about full grown when I adopted her and I've had her for almost 8 months so she's definitely an adult who should be eating her veggies....I may come back on here for advice if she still won't eat them.

TheLongfellows

Hatchling Dragon
Hey Bibi we were curious where did you get that testing done? We need to do one ASAP as I’m sure our baby girl has a parasite problem too. I had to buy from a cheaper source these last few months and have seen a great deal of change in appetite and she almost seems scared of crickets now. Almost like she knows they did it to her. I’ve got her dubia back in order and need to take care of this figure it out but have never done these tests.

Bibi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Bibi we were curious where did you get that testing done? We need to do one ASAP as I’m sure our baby girl has a parasite problem too. I had to buy from a cheaper source these last few months and have seen a great deal of change in appetite and she almost seems scared of crickets now. Almost like she knows they did it to her. I’ve got her dubia back in order and need to take care of this figure it out but have never done these tests.
https://perfectpetproducts.com/ good luck! By the way I order all my feeders from joshsfrogs.com since the parasite issue and so far she seems fine. They are fast and friendly.

TheLongfellows

Hatchling Dragon
OK thank you so much for the swift response as you know this is a situation I have to handle quickly. And yes I’ve heard great things about joshes frogs I normally order Dubai roaches from dubai roaches.com but was having money issues. There was one time I had to resort to buying some Petco crickets which blew my mind because when they open the tub there’s thousands dead at the bottom. I also bought from premiumcrickets.com but from what I hear there a reputable source. So just to be safe I won’t buy from either again.