• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Loss of Appetite

Forrest T.

Hatchling Dragon
I have four bearded dragons (no, they're not housed together; they have their own enclosures, and they cannot see each other) that just won't eat greens. I can feed them any kind of green (mustard, collard, turnip, arugula, radicchio, etc.) but they refuse to eat them. They only care for insects, and some of them love peas and blueberries (but those aren't supposed to be fed on a regular basis). They are potty trained, so they do not defecate in their enclosures and their tanks are cleaned each weak (spot cleaned daily). Each have a 75 watt heat bulb and a strip UV lamp. The hot side of their tanks are around 90-100ºF and they have a humidity of 20-40%. I do have UV cards to check the UV rays and they all are positive, so I am a bit confused. I love them very much and I am always with them 24/7 so this bothers me a lot.. Any suggestions are appreciated

thank you

Photos of My Beardies:
20210908_114329.jpg

20220516_135931.jpg
20220213_112739.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have four bearded dragons (no, they're not housed together; they have their own enclosures, and they cannot see each other) that just won't eat greens. I can feed them any kind of green (mustard, collard, turnip, arugula, radicchio, etc.) but they refuse to eat them. They only care for insects, and some of them love peas and blueberries (but those aren't supposed to be fed on a regular basis). They are potty trained, so they do not defecate in their enclosures and their tanks are cleaned each weak (spot cleaned daily). Each have a 75 watt heat bulb and a strip UV lamp. The hot side of their tanks are around 90-100ºF and they have a humidity of 20-40%. I do have UV cards to check the UV rays and they all are positive, so I am a bit confused. I love them very much and I am always with them 24/7 so this bothers me a lot.. Any suggestions are appreciated

thank you

Photos of My Beardies:
View attachment 32351
View attachment 32352View attachment 32353
Did you start the dragons on salads when babies? Beings you have 4 of them the ones eating the peas and blueberries have they ever eaten greens at all? Have your tried BSFL to lure them to the salad bowls? Or silk worms they are a good staple and lure and stick to everything

Forrest T.

Hatchling Dragon
Did you start the dragons on salads when babies? Beings you have 4 of them the ones eating the peas and blueberries have they ever eaten greens at all? Have your tried BSFL to lure them to the salad bowls? Or silk worms they are a good staple and lure and stick to everything
Unfortunately, all my reptiles are rescues and none of them I got when they were babies, so I didn't get the chance to feed the greens early on. About the BSFL or silk worms, I have attempted to try putting mealworms in their food bowls, but they always end up eating the worms only

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately, all my reptiles are rescues and none of them I got when they were babies, so I didn't get the chance to feed the greens early on. About the BSFL or silk worms, I have attempted to try putting mealworms in their food bowls, but they always end up eating the worms only
Try the BSFL and the silk worms they stick to everything