• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for basking light suggestions?

becsmorg

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m getting a beardie soon and have been trying to research different types of basking lights, and particularly ones that are still effective but not overpriced. I’ve seen a lot of people talk about using halogen floodlights and just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? I’m planning on using a 8.5” Flukers lamp with a dimmable switch and I’m not sure what type of halogen bulbs would work with this and also be dimmable incase the basking spot is too hot or cold based on the wattage of the bulb. The tank I have is a 36x18x18 (for now anyways, I plan on custom building a bigger tank once the beardie is bigger). I also plan on getting a Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb and was wondering if there were cheaper options for the lighting hoods at hardware stores opposed to the ones at the pet stores. Any suggestions would be helpful!