• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for a new beardie

Ciera

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is getting old and i know i will want a new one when she is gone so where would you all reccommend gettong one from when im ready. I am not willing to pay more than 100 bucks. Is there anything wromg with store bought from like petco ?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All of mine have been from Petco..As well as some of our other members..You just need to be aware and really watch them for awhile..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aware of what the one i have now was already an adult when i got her
You said that you were going to get another one after she passed.. I'm saying if you go and look at dragons watch them for awhile, see how they move, see if they will eat, see how they are breathing...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Okay so the new one but why what am i looking for ?

You're looking for a dragon that has clear, alert eyes. Look for signs of infection on the skin, dark patches, odd looking spots. Watch how they walk, can they walk? If they have injuries are they healed properly? You also want to look at the condition the tank is in. If there is poop all over, I would think there is a risk for bacterial infection or parasites. Also if there is poop in the tank, is it formed? Is it runny? Runny poop is a sign of parasites and in a community tank if one has them, they probably all do.

Drago

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you still looking for a Beardie. I have some juveniles born in April. They are bigger now. Let me know if you are looking.
20180427_183619.jpg