• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for a female beardy to breed with

Chadhfink

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I have the pleasure of owning a male bearded dragon named Elyot. He has been trying to mate with anything and everything ( socks, my foot, the floor, and sometimes literally nothing at all but he’s trying) and I’ve always wanted to breed him. The problem is I don’t have a female and I can’t get a female, as much as I want one, so if anyone has a female beardy and lives on or near Long Island and wants to breed her, please tell me. Of the offspring all I would be able to keep is one, so you can keep, sell, or give away the rest as you see fit. I have done lots of research on the breeding of bearded dragons, but any HELPFUL advice is much appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any website or group that may help me on my quest to find a girlfriend for my Beardy, that information would be greatly helpful.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
If you're only going to keep one baby and do not have plans for what to do with the rest, my only advice would be to not breed at all. All of the beardies we have in the pet trade are inbred enough already, and there are a lot of beardies without homes, so please consider if you really want to contribute to either of those.

If your beardie comes from good parents (and you know who the parents are), you want to improve a morph or improve bloodlines, and you are able to house, feed, and sell the babies, then breeding is an option. Have all of your materials ready ahead of time-incubator, soil, food and housing for the hatchlings, etc. Good luck with finding a female!

Chadhfink

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you're only going to keep one baby and do not have plans for what to do with the rest, my only advice would be to not breed at all. All of the beardies we have in the pet trade are inbred enough already, and there are a lot of beardies without homes, so please consider if you really want to contribute to either of those.

If your beardie comes from good parents (and you know who the parents are), you want to improve a morph or improve bloodlines, and you are able to house, feed, and sell the babies, then breeding is an option. Have all of your materials ready ahead of time-incubator, soil, food and housing for the hatchlings, etc. Good luck with finding a female!
Thanks, I will take that into consideration. Responding to what to do with the babies, I do have a friend that is a seller at few expo’s that could take them I just felt that the owner of the hypothetical female that would be breeding with my male might have a preference on what is done with the babies. Thank you for your advice tho.