• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Live feeders

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
Anyone have any recommended and good sites to order crickets from? Never ordered online before.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
Joshsfrogs.com is a great place to start. I’ve never personally bought crickets from them cause I honestly can’t stand them. I feed Discoid roaches from Joesbugz.com (Dubia are illegal in Fl) but Joshsfrogs.com has a plethora of options of live feeders, not just crickets. And for a really good price point IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
Joshsfrogs.com is a great place to start. I’ve never personally bought crickets from them cause I honestly can’t stand them. I feed Discoid roaches from Joesbugz.com (Dubia are illegal in Fl) but Joshsfrogs.com has a plethora of options of live feeders, not just crickets. And for a really good price point IMO.

Thank you! I don't mind crickets because I have them far away from me! Lol.

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
I just hate that they smell and they’re canabalistic (spelling) and honestly annoying if you miss one and it’s hiding in a 75 gal tank and can’t find it lol. Plus my two dragons need about 100 a day so that can get pricey for me cause I also have a crestie, Leo and Pac-Man frog

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ahh gotcha I have 1 beardie and he goes through about 20 a day. I was thinking of switching to Dubias but he just loves crickets!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used to raise crickets for a number of years but changed to Dubia as their nutrition is just soo much better and you get more bang for the buck with them as dubia are much more meatier and hold nutrients in them..

I've used Armstrong Crickets, Ghans crickets

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
I used to raise crickets for a number of years but changed to Dubia as their nutrition is just soo much better and you get more bang for the buck with them as dubia are much more meatier and hold nutrients in them..

I've used Armstrong Crickets, Ghans crickets
Thank you! I think I'm gonna switch to Dubias then!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you look in the general care section at the top post for new comers in there I've written info on care also in there is the breakdown of the feeders..
So 1 dubia can equal around 6 crickets

xHagIaSophia

Bearded Dragon Egg
We used Josh's frogs and they were good. All got here alive and on time. We used roachking this last time though. And kfcfeeders as well because they are a little cheaper for bulk. We are using dubia roaches now however rather than crickets as the vet said crickets are not too good for dragons.

xHagIaSophia

Bearded Dragon Egg
I forgot to add the vet said that dubias are better in protein and calcium. Our dragon has MBD, so she said that the dubias would help with that a little. And the crickets are more likely to carry parasites than the dubias too.

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
We used Josh's frogs and they were good. All got here alive and on time. We used roachking this last time though. And kfcfeeders as well because they are a little cheaper for bulk. We are using dubia roaches now however rather than crickets as the vet said crickets are not too good for dragons.
Thank you! I actually ordered dubias from Josh's frogs and everything is great! My beardies favorite meal now

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thank you! I actually ordered dubias from Josh's frogs and everything is great! My beardies favorite meal now

Let us know how the dubia are. They just started selling them. I loved their crickets, wasn't so impressed with their super worms so I'm interested in seeing how their dubia are.

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
Let us know how the dubia are. They just started selling them. I loved their crickets, wasn't so impressed with their super worms so I'm interested in seeing how their dubia are.
They are good. All came alive and well just a little smaller than expected!!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks for the input. I may order from them next time. I've also ordered plants and bio stuff for my frogs, everything has been good.