• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lips slightly parted, Hanging out in cool spots, and a little lethargic?

Impawsible_Squad

Juvenile Dragon
Pumpkin has been acting a little weird. She has been avoiding her light--Her basking temp is only 105-- hanging out near her or in her water on the cool side of her tank, and just having her lips just slightly parted. Right now she is under her log just poking her nose out. She had a great appetite today as always. The only two things that come to mind is that I added a reptisun light recently and that this is her third day without pooping.
122767865_183257739935151_1887841944974401342_n.jpg
122419428_735930183662617_1513194434102590171_n.jpg

Both of the photos were taken today. The first is when she finally left from under her log to eat.

Impawsible_Squad

Juvenile Dragon
She did shed her eye lids not that long ago and it seems she may be going into a head shed. I don't think that explains all of it though

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I LOOOOOOVE THE NAME!!! I have a beardie named Starbucks and all I can think of is how together they basically make a pumpkin spice latte. I’m sorry for being over excited. Anyways back to pumpkin. It could be the light, beardies are very picky so she may just be apprehensive about it and will take some time to get use to it. Or it may be too bright for her eyes and that’s why she’s hiding. Or lastly if it changed the temperature she may be going into brumation. For her poop if she still hasn’t gone in a day or 2 just give her a warm bath and that should stimulate her to go. Hope I was able to help :)

Impawsible_Squad

Juvenile Dragon
Haha! I'm glad you guys like her name! She's hanging out on the floor of her cage today. The only thing about the brumation is that I live in Florida?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Haha! I'm glad you guys like her name! She's hanging out on the floor of her cage today. The only thing about the brumation is that I live in Florida?
Beardies brumate regardless of your climate. Some of them even brumate in the middle of summer because they can sense that it's winter in Australia. Since your beardie is detecting a change in the weather as fall/winter arrive, she's feeling the instinct to brumate.