• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lights question

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I've only had my dragon for a day, and I've been reading a lot lately about his care. My question is about lights. Have the 10.0 CFL uvb bulb and basking bulb in the duo setup and the fluorescent bulb is just a 6500k bulb used for seed germination. Would it be overkill to replace the regular fluorescent bulb with a uvb bulb? Is that overboard on uvb? I'm only using the fluorescent for additional lighting as his habitat is in our dining room temporarily until we take down our Christmas tree, then he'll be moved to his permanent spot in our living room. AND I just realized I can't post a pic of his setup.

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
15777430695283579752913361547180.jpg

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Helps a little. I was more concerned with an overkill of uvb if I replaced the germination bulb with a uvb bulb. That being said, there are multiple hiding places in the tank so for piece of mind I'm putting in a uvb t5 to replace the germination bulb. Btw, it's a 24" light fixture. Thank you!

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will. Got to order through a mom and pop reptile store. Hopefully he'll start eating with the new light.

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Basking temps are 102-108, still only have the CFL uvb bulb. He's pretty active so I'm guessing that's a good sign. We noticed tonight that he seems to be a shy eater. Had a few mealworms that "mysteriously" disappeared once we left the room lol. Plus I caught a few crickets from their bin to feed him and he snatched them up relatively quickly. I'm sure he's stressed from his new digs, just hoping he gets an appetite quickly.

ButterDiesel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah that's what I'm hoping. I'll keep you updated on his status. Thank you for the help and Happy New Year!