• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone! I just ordered a T5 UVB w/ a 10.0 UVB bulb that will be here the 28th. Is the T5 okay to sit on top of the screen? (I have the small hole type screen) or does this one need to be inside the tank like the T8* please advise! Thx in advance! :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone! I just ordered a T5 UVB w/ a 10.0 UVB bulb that will be here the 28th. Is the T5 okay to sit on top of the screen? (I have the small hole type screen) or does this one need to be inside the tank like the T8* please advise! Thx in advance! :)
Fine screen or small hole it needs to be inside the tank --- it should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece you can use this stuff to hang w/ it works great its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Hi Sadie..so I got my light today! The t5 uvb. And you sent me a recommendation for mounting in inside my tank. However its not in stock at any Home Depot within 100miles nor will be anytime soon. Can you recommend another option? And also my tank is 40g and I have 2 sliding screen tops that meet in the middle. The back one stays in place as is. The front one I remove to feed and take him out. So am I mounting this on back screen? If so where do I move my uva to? Can I mount to glass on back wall of tank instead? (The t5) sorry I'm so lost! And thankyou in advance! I tried yo take pictures but it says my memory is full..trying to fix too..I'm not very tech savy. Ugh lol

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Hi Sadie..so I got my light today! The t5 uvb. And you sent me a recommendation for mounting in inside my tank. However its not in stock at any Home Depot within 100miles nor will be anytime soon. Can you recommend another option? And also my tank is 40g and I have 2 sliding screen tops that meet in the middle. The back one stays in place as is. The front one I remove to feed and take him out. So am I mounting this on back screen? If so where do I move my uva to? Can I mount to glass on back wall of tank instead? (The t5) sorry I'm so lost! And thankyou in advance! I tried yo take pictures but it says my memory is full..trying to fix too..I'm not very tech savy. Ugh lol
And with the updated lights my temps that were perfect at 100 was at 106!! Please help me..he's sleeping now so I immediately shut them off and sprayed him as well as wet his lips w/syringe!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And with the updated lights my temps that were perfect at 100 was at 106!! Please help me..he's sleeping now so I immediately shut them off and sprayed him as well as wet his lips w/syringe!
No back wall please --- order the stuff online from Home Depot in the meantime you can use one of these options
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties
it should not take long for them to send it to you

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
No back wall please --- order the stuff online from Home Depot in the meantime you can use one of these options
Home Depot they aren't in stock..can I use another option you listed above instead permanently? And also..I am wrapping the straps around the entire hood and then what? It would attach to the top of the screen correct? (Underneath inside the tank) beside my uva? Can you post some pictures of yours please and thankyou! And also is it normal for temperature to be so high? If so how do I lower it? 150w uva and the brand new t5 w/10.0 bulb. And 40g enclosure. :)

charmander1234

Hatchling Dragon
Sadie, Can you please list the exact lighting you are using for your 20 gallon tank? I would like to follow the Day Watt bulb and the uvb exactly in my 20 gallon tank

thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sadie, Can you please list the exact lighting you are using for your 20 gallon tank? I would like to follow the Day Watt bulb and the uvb exactly in my 20 gallon tank

thank you
I posted on your other thread

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Zipties, velcro straps, wire hangers, even ducttape could work, just make sure it’s secure enough :) i have mine hung with zipties, those are easy to use in my opinion.

Attachments

• AE13B3F8-0CC8-4EAD-8D1C-9144CFF294A0.jpeg
    AE13B3F8-0CC8-4EAD-8D1C-9144CFF294A0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • FAB33E48-6619-4DF4-ADE7-4C2DC9E6C212.jpeg
    FAB33E48-6619-4DF4-ADE7-4C2DC9E6C212.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Thankyou skybug! I purchased the Velcro strips as they can hold up to 15lbs and added a lil tape just in case! Temps on basking spot is 95 and Mikey seems happy and gaping:)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What did you hang the uvb w/?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How does this work with the cord so the top is still secured?
Does the back of your tank have a hole so cords can go in and out? You may haft to cut the screen for the cord if not-- my Zen has a hole in the back where the UVB cord comes thru - the basking lights are on top of my screen - are you using the cable ties ? If so watch them they will slowly get weak from the heat of the UVB - they will start turning white ---- you can use some thin bendable welding wire works great