• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Hello all I got my second bearded dragon today!! I am not sure what morph he is but his coloring is beautiful. I am not entirely sure the previous owner knew how to take care of him properly. I discovered instead of the repti sun 10.0 she has in the fixture a aqua rays ge lightbulb for aquariums and she gave me some extras and she has a zoo med 5.0 iguana light?? I am assuming none of those will work and I'll have to get proper lightbulbs and she also has a solar glo I believe it's called. Also random tidbit I have a female dragon and they are on opposite sides but he goes crazy running around his tank still and gets all puffed up and his beard turns black is that normal for a male to do

Penelopesmom

Hatchling Dragon
I would get a reptisun 10.0 t5 or t8. Yes if your male can see or sense your female he is going to Blackbeard and go crazy. I would put something in between the enclosures so he can't see her that might calm him down.

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you yeah they are on opposite sides of the room and I'm gonna get a background. He has calmed down a lot right now I just use a blanket and cover it. What is the difference between the t5 and t8??

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Thank you yeah they are on opposite sides of the room and I'm gonna get a background. He has calmed down a lot right now I just use a blanket and cover it. What is the difference between the t5 and t8??
I have two beardies and they r both males and we.cnt have them togther or let them c each other or they get real black bearded. Boris more so than diggy. I have both there.vivs onbtye samebwall so they cnt c each other and when we get them out we havebto take them in different rooms. We tried them togetha wen we first got them and Boris beard was yet black. There was a lot of head bobbing from Boris and lots of arm wavimg from Diego and all of a sudden Boris jumped on Diego and bit the bak of his head. Its a gud job it was his head n not a tail or a toe. Diggy wasnt hurt thankfully. But we have to keep tuem away from each other. So if u plqn on petting them meet plz b very very careful :) for ur own sake and ur beardies :) gud luck