• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting Question

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
I keep seeing references to something called an MVB light. What is that? I have a UVB light and and 2 basking lights.

Am I covered? Cool side 80-85. Basking side 98-102.

40 gallon tank, Dragon is about 4 months old.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I keep seeing references to something called an MVB light. What is that? I have a UVB light and and 2 basking lights.

Am I covered? Cool side 80-85. Basking side 98-102.

40 gallon tank, Dragon is about 4 months old.
A MVB is a Mercury Vapor Bulb they are a all in one for UVB and UVA - your covered I dont like them some are real bad on the eyes - you can look at them like on Pet Smart
I think this one the MegaRay is the best out of the 3 --- even w/ a all in one they do not emit enough UV for a dragon and it is often recommended to have the long tube fixture like what your using - basically your paying a lot of money for a basking bulb as they do give good heat -

Bruce Wayne

Hatchling Dragon
A MVB is a Mercury Vapor Bulb they are a all in one for UVB and UVA - your covered I dont like them some are real bad on the eyes - you can look at them like on Pet Smart
I think this one the MegaRay is the best out of the 3 --- even w/ a all in one they do not emit enough UV for a dragon and it is often recommended to have the long tube fixture like what your using - basically your paying a lot of money for a basking bulb as they do give good heat -
Thanks!!! You're the best.