• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting lasts 2 weeks

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Hello everyone. I currently use a zoomed lamp with basking bulb. That thing burns out every two weeks. Seems like they should last longer according to the box. Does anyone have this same issue? Maybe I need a new lamp?

Attachments

• E4227924-9EFB-4A62-ACE9-2CE56ED0FE8A.jpeg
    E4227924-9EFB-4A62-ACE9-2CE56ED0FE8A.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 2
  • B8BCC19A-1E14-45A4-8A46-39308B29258E.jpeg
    B8BCC19A-1E14-45A4-8A46-39308B29258E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone. I currently use a zoomed lamp with basking bulb. That thing burns out every two weeks. Seems like they should last longer according to the box. Does anyone have this same issue? Maybe I need a new lamp?
I have had issues w/ those so I went to the Exo Terra 150 watt - they seem to last longer -- if you switch keep an eye on them cuz if they continue to burn out fast its more than likely the dome -- I just ordered two of the Zoo Med basking again and I will watch and see if they burn out like that again -- its been awhile since I used them and it sounds like they have not changed much

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
I have had issues w/ those so I went to the Exo Terra 150 watt - they seem to last longer -- if you switch keep an eye on them cuz if they continue to burn out fast its more than likely the dome -- I just ordered two of the Zoo Med basking again and I will watch and see if they burn out like that again -- its been awhile since I used them and it sounds like they have not changed much
I used the thrive bulb previously. And that one burned out just as quick. I will try the Exo Terra next. Is there another lamp you recommend? Or is that what you use also?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
It's likely the fixture-many light fixtures are notorious for causing bulbs to blow out early. Try different combinations of fixtures and lights until you find one that works. Make sure the wattage your fixture allows is not less than the wattage of your bulbs, and make sure your bulbs are not overheating.

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
It's likely the fixture-many light fixtures are notorious for causing bulbs to blow out early. Try different combinations of fixtures and lights until you find one that works. Make sure the wattage your fixture allows is not less than the wattage of your bulbs, and make sure your bulbs are not overheating.
Ok I was thinking the same. I haven’t checked my dome for allowable wattage. I will check that as well. I’ve ordered an Exo Terra bulb to pick up after work and will see what they have as far as fixtures go. Thanks so much!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used the thrive bulb previously. And that one burned out just as quick. I will try the Exo Terra next. Is there another lamp you recommend? Or is that what you use also?
I use that exo terra but like hooman stated make sure your fixture is correct wattage

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
You were right. My fixture was 100w max. So of course my 150w was too hot. Bought a new dome to cover my 150w. Honestly had no idea that was a thing. Thanks so much for the suggestion! Now maybe my bulbs will last.