• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting for temporary housing

Gryndylow

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am a teacher and normally have my BD in a 50 gallon at school. It is only 4 or so months old (I think). I am fairly new to beaded dragons.

On breaks, I need to bring it home but cannot take the 50 gallon with me. Right now I have it in a fairly small tank for the week of Thanksgiving break and I am concerned that lighting will be a problem - don't want something too hot or close. Suggestions for temporary/small housing? I think the tank I have it in right now is only 10g until I can dig out the 20g in storage.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A 20 gallon tank with a small dome and a small UVB would be smart to have at home for when you need to take it home. You can get a cheap fixture from the hardware store and use it for your UVB light. And maybe a 50-75 watt basking bulb.