• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting for 120 Gallon Tank

amfninja

Bearded Dragon Egg
Howdy!!

New to the forum here, but today I upgraded by 10 month old beardie, named Koh, from his 40 gallon breeder to a 120 gallon tank. Attached is a picture of my set up. My lights are now a lot more spaced out than they were before, and I just had a couple of questions of how I should distribute them. My UVB bulb is the light that’s placed inside the tank with him. Is this 10.0 watt compact bulb okay for a tank this big? Should I move it over with his basking bulbs? I think I’m gonna pick up a halogen flood bulb from the Hone Depot soon, as it seems like his basking spot is only reaching about 93F now. Does anyone have any input on how to make his set up more ideal? I use ceramic tile to help wear down his nails and it’s also super easy to clean.

Attachments

• 4E1C21BD-05B3-4588-96B8-359F87A950CD.jpeg
    4E1C21BD-05B3-4588-96B8-359F87A950CD.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,528

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Howdy!!

New to the forum here, but today I upgraded by 10 month old beardie, named Koh, from his 40 gallon breeder to a 120 gallon tank. Attached is a picture of my set up. My lights are now a lot more spaced out than they were before, and I just had a couple of questions of how I should distribute them. My UVB bulb is the light that’s placed inside the tank with him. Is this 10.0 watt compact bulb okay for a tank this big? Should I move it over with his basking bulbs? I think I’m gonna pick up a halogen flood bulb from the Hone Depot soon, as it seems like his basking spot is only reaching about 93F now. Does anyone have any input on how to make his set up more ideal? I use ceramic tile to help wear down his nails and it’s also super easy to clean.
Please get rid of that coil bulb it is inadequate for any size tank--- you need a 24" fixture w/ reflector and either a Arcadia 14% bulb 22" strapped to the top of screen inside the tank approx 17 inches directly above the basking decor-- or a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb--you can get this from www.pangeareptiles.com-- they have free shipping till Monday coupon code FREESHIP-- you need to get this replaced ASAP-- the basking bulb needs to be a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- the T 5 needs to be inside the tank 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor----what is the bulb in the center of tank?

amfninja

Bearded Dragon Egg
what wattage for the reptisun t5? I’m seeing either a 39 watt or 25 watt. The bulbs on the outside of the tank are both heat bulbs.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what wattage for the reptisun t5? I’m seeing either a 39 watt or 25 watt. The bulbs on the outside of the tank are both heat bulbs.
The T 5 is a 24 watt- ok so you want one bright white basking bulb I have the same tank I am using a Exo Terra 150 watt on my tank--

amfninja

Bearded Dragon Egg
The T 5 is a 24 watt- ok so you want one bright white basking bulb I have the same tank I am using a Exo Terra 150 watt on my tank--
A zen habitat 4x2x2? They’re gorgeous tanks. I love how the stand can fit the 10 gallon tanks I keep my crickets in. Okay- so a T-5 bulb kept on the same side as my basking lights. Is there a light fixture you recommend for it? And is that one okay being on top of the mesh, or should I try to fix it to the inside of the tank, still? I’ve been reading that household halogen flood lights are an affordable alternative to brand-name reptile basking lights. Do you know if these still provide the adequate light spectrum beardies need for physical/psychological health?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A zen habitat 4x2x2? They’re gorgeous tanks. I love how the stand can fit the 10 gallon tanks I keep my crickets in. Okay- so a T-5 bulb kept on the same side as my basking lights. Is there a light fixture you recommend for it? And is that one okay being on top of the mesh, or should I try to fix it to the inside of the tank, still? I’ve been reading that household halogen flood lights are an affordable alternative to brand-name reptile basking lights. Do you know if these still provide the adequate light spectrum beardies need for physical/psychological health?
Yes on the halogen flood light - but you must be careful cuz they are very hot- you may end up getting a stand so you can raise it if need be-- I will post a pic tomorrow of my tank so you can see how I have mine set up

amfninja

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes on the halogen flood light - but you must be careful cuz they are very hot- you may end up getting a stand so you can raise it if need be-- I will post a pic tomorrow of my tank so you can see how I have mine set up
Sounds good, thank you so much for all the advice!

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
Howdy!!

I’m sorry but I don’t know how to answer your questions but I do have a question of my own. Where did you get your 120 tank and how much did it cost?

amfninja

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m sorry but I don’t know how to answer your questions but I do have a question of my own. Where did you get your 120 tank and how much did it cost?
I got my tank from Zen Habitats! The tank itself was $329, but I also bought the stand that they sell for it for $249. Overall, took my entire security deposit from my old apartment lol! But I’m really happy with the product, and my beardie seems to be loving it too.

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
I got my tank from Zen Habitats! The tank itself was $329, but I also bought the stand that they sell for it for $249. Overall, took my entire security deposit from my old apartment lol! But I’m really happy with the product, and my beardie seems to be loving it too.
Haha thank you very much! I hope someone answers your questions! Thanks!

Thomas J sobczynski

Hatchling Dragon
Howdy!!

Is that a tan

Thomas J sobczynski

Hatchling Dragon
Is that a tan
Is that a tank from Zen habitats? I have one my uvb bulb for that tank is a 17 inch florescent bulb with a different hood. It's been working great for her. I also increased the basking bulb from 100, to 150 watt, and I have a night basking bulb 100 Watt
Also have 2 large under the tank heaters, but only use that if you have a pvc enclosure.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Attachments

• New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 654