• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting At Night

Courtney Cheseborough

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I have a few month old bearded dragon. I was told by the employees at PetSmart to use a red heat lamp, which came in my starter kit, at night. I've since learned on this forum that this is bad for my bearded dragon's health. My question is if the red lamp is bad for my dragon, what should I be doing as far as lighting overnight? Should there be nothing on?

arbryan9311

Bearded Dragon Egg
You don’t really need a light at night. If your house falls below 65° at night you can get a CHE bulb to keep the temperature above 65°.

Courtney Cheseborough

Bearded Dragon Egg
PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE PEOPLE AT PETSMART ------------ they dont have a clue as to what they are talking about ---- GET RID of the RED bulb----------your hurting your dragons eyes and can cause long term eye damage ---- if you need heat in your tank at nite please get a CHE ceramic heat emitter --- you only need it if your tank is falling below 65 at nite ---- you can order them on line from Amazon for like $13 for the bulb and you will need a dome fixture - for the wattage you get -- they come in 75 and 100 watt bulbs -- I have a 100 watt on both my two 120 gallon tanks and it keeps temps 70-75 at nite in the winter -- w/ this being said what kind of set up did you get and what did those people sell you ??? Please tell me so we can get your dragon to stay in good health my guess is they have sold you stuff you do not need or is harmful to your dragon--- dragons need darkness at nite no light the CHE has no light only heat

I've attached an image on the starter kit we purchased. We are not using the sand it came with, and we also don't use the pellets provided. Also attached is an image of our set up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.43.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.43.00 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 20191114_094442.jpg
    20191114_094442.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 99