• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lighting and calcium.. NEED HELP

Abbyz2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay so at the moment my new baby beardie has a reptisun terrarium hood 5.0 T5 HO, 36”/39W (I know it’s the wrong one). I am getting a new and better one tomorrow which is Zoo-Med reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho UVB 39w/34” lamp. I just want to know what kind of calcium to use with that light, either with D3 or without and also how often to give it??? I’m also giving him herptivive 2-3 times a week.

Abbyz2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
The 5.0 is a good bulb just not as good as the 10.0 -- keep the 5.0 as a spare -- the distance w/ them is the T 5 10.0 needs to go either on top of tank IF the screen is a wide hole screen and would need to be 6-8 inches from basking area no cover on the fixture - IF the screen is a fine mesh it needs to go inside the tank 12-15 inches from basking spot no cover on the fixture bulb exposed for best effects of UVB - calcium D3 should be given 5 x per week w/ the vitamins 2 x per week -- I had to look on the box to see if it said anything about D3 and it does not so the Arcadia bulb has the D3 listed on box - I have both in the house and am currently using a Arcadia bulb - it has the D3 so I am only giving calcium D3 2 x per week and the other 3 days regular calcium w/ no phosphorus -- but you should give your little guy calcium D3 5 x per week

im probably gonna leave it on the top of the mesh but why does it need to be a certain distance from the basking Light?

Abbyz2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
7C928C54-6919-47F5-BC2F-DC1955E28901.jpeg
This is his cage now. Now the UVB light is on the inside where he can sit under it. And the basking light is the dome on top

Abbyz2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok good so he has two spots to sit for the UVB I see and you already have that piece I was talking about -- so keep an eye on his behavior and his eating --- his poops should be firm moist and dark and his urate firm moist and white ---- if you need anything else please ask and I will help you out as much as possible or find some one who can
Thank you so much! I will definitely come to you if I have anymore questions.