• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Light Weight Adult Beardie Enclosures

SoCalExplorer

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I'm a long time lurker -- finally joined so I could get some help in picking just the right "grown up" enclosure for our beardie.

After looking around and given the fact that our guy likes to climb a bit (I'd like to give him some nice level change options) we've decided that our ideal enclosure dimensions are 42x24x24

I've been looking to upgrade to something light weight so that I can do a better job at keeping it clean than what we've been able to do with our glass terrarium. So, I'm looking at plastics, but would be open to other suggestions.

What is the heat retention like on plastic enclosures? More similar to melamine or glass?

Thoughts?

Thanks for reading!