• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

length of your dragons

Ozone17K

Bearded Dragon Egg
So the title says it all. How big are your dragons. I'm talking about length and grams if you know it. My dragon is at 20 inches and I think he's done growing but ya. How about your dragons.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My girl just measured in at 13 3/4", we think she may be 5.5 months old.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pretty much a monthly pictorial record of my 3 that I have at this time, since hatching: Hatchlings

Keep in mind that different BDs, grow at different rates & to different over all sizes. Comparison is not always the best of plans.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I was just thinking the other day that I wished I would have taken a picture along her measurements.

Ozone17K

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mungi is 18 1/2 inches snout tip to tail tip and as of last weigh this past Sunday he is a very nice solid 504 grams:)
Is it done growing? The reason I ask everyone is 1. Its cool to hear about other dragons and 2. My local petshop said they get on average 24inches and that Jonny is short xD

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Some do get larger but I think average is about 17-18 inches when full grown. Like most creatures though it depends on the individual and it's genetics as well as the diet and care it is given. Without proper diet, heat and UV they can become "stunted" in growth.
Mungi is an adult at 3 years old so he isn't really growing much more although he did surprise me this last year as he has grown about an addition inch since this time last year.
BTW I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock on statistics and care tips coming from most pet shops because the fact is that most only have only a general knowledge and not any real species specific knowledge to offer. Most ofwhat they are good for is to move critters as quickly as possible and sell you as much accessory product asthey can under the guise of "everything you need to take care of your new pet" when in reality they haven't a clue as to the proper care or needs of the creature you are buying or inquiring about.

Enjoy:)

Ozone17K

Bearded Dragon Egg
Cool thank you very much Mungi. I thought the pet shop was right because they trim lizard nails their and give free health check ups but i guess not. Is the dragon in your profile picture Mungi the dragon lol

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
...Is the dragon in your profile picture Mungi the dragon lol

Yes indeed that is our Mungi in the pic:) and if you click the banner at the bottom of my posts it will take you to Mungi's very own Live streaming video site where you can see or watch him from 7am-7pm eastern everyday...Lol...it's free and for fun and besides that he deserves his very own website being the special dragon he is:D

Enjoy!

Darrell Asper

Juvenile Dragon
Here's ours Spike we got him at the end of feb. He's a growing boy and eat boy can he eat

Spike2.jpg

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Nibbler (F) - 387g and 19inches - 32 weeks 4 days old
Charlie (M) - 362g and 19.5inches - 32 weeks 2 days old

Mine are brother and sister (from the same clutch) I always measure short too these pair are wriggly little mites lol. Genetics have a whole lot of influence on all living creatures but as you can see it doesn't always make 2 things the same :D