• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leg wound please help

JoshOlson

Bearded Dragon Egg
My girl (Irv) has a wound on her leg, i didnt think much of it now it looks worse, i dont have the money for a vet, is there anything i can do to stop it from getting worse?

Attachments

• 1522546741122-1480764809.jpg
    1522546741122-1480764809.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 20

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum, sorry Irv has a wound.
The picture isn't very clear so it's hard to tell.. Do you know what happened? You can weaken betadine to the color of a weak tea and do soaks in that, but if it gets worse it could get really infected and possibly get into the bloodstream or she could loose her leg.. So getting it checked by a reptile vet if it gets worse should be your route, when was she last seen?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
shes only a little over a year old, shes never seen a vet
They should be seen in the fall (before brumation: now that she is over a year she could now brumate) and then again in the spring after they wake. The food that they eat can introduce parasites, they also can have a low amount of parasites naturally in their gut and in times of stress those #'s can get out of hand..
With the leg wound it can continue to get worse even after attempts to heal on your own..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
There is financing options out there that can help you pay for your vet visit. CareCredit is the most notable one, Lending Tree also does financing. There is also Pet insurance that can help you get your money back.

Is this the only spot on her? If you have other reptiles, make sure you practice proper husbandry and don't share anything between them, not even food. If she leaves un eaten food, don't put it back in the main bin. You're picture is blurry and hard to see, but it looks like a bacterial infection and not a wound. That's why it's important to see a vet ASAP.