• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leaving feeder insects in bioactive enclosure

Killa J

Bearded Dragon Egg
Next summer, I have a trip planned for 8 days. Unfortunately the only people who would be able to come over to feed any pets will be on the trip as well. When I had a bioactive tank for a pacman frog, I was able to keep mealworms, super worms, and dubias in the tank, and the frog just ate what it could find. Will that work in a bioactive setup for a bearded dragon? Mine is a juvenile right now, so it’s not on a loose substrate yet. Just trying to plan in advance.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Next summer, I have a trip planned for 8 days. Unfortunately the only people who would be able to come over to feed any pets will be on the trip as well. When I had a bioactive tank for a pacman frog, I was able to keep mealworms, super worms, and dubias in the tank, and the frog just ate what it could find. Will that work in a bioactive setup for a bearded dragon? Mine is a juvenile right now, so it’s not on a loose substrate yet. Just trying to plan in advance.
I wouldn't leave them unattended with nobody to be able to feed them. And the lighting situation (unless you have automatic timers), it is difficult.

Also I don't know how it would work bc usually my dragon will eat as many as i give them right there and then. And they also need fresh salads everyday.

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah it’s possible I have Dubai crickets mealworms supers isopods etc living and cleaning inside my beardie enclosure you still have to do your normal feeding routine even if you have bugs and cleaners in there I have plants etc even a sunrise and sunset with my timers ! Good luck on the venture