• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lava rock

suebec

Bearded Dragon Egg
I need help my bearded dragon ate a round lava rock used for growing. It's been about 2 days ago. This morning he threw up the meal worms he ate ate yesterday the water he drank today. What do I do?. Please help!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I need help my bearded dragon ate a round lava rock used for growing. It's been about 2 days ago. This morning he threw up the meal worms he ate ate yesterday the water he drank today. What do I do?. Please help!
I am not sure let me get some help on this ---- how is he this morning?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is what she has said
If he threw up that means he's most likely got a blockage . If that's the case he may need an operation so at the least an xray could show where it is and if there's any chance to retrieve it with an endoscope rather than opening him up. Here's a short Youtube video to give you an idea of how it's done.

suebec

Bearded Dragon Egg
If he threw up that means he's most likely got a blockage . If that's the case he may need an operation so at the least an xray could show where it is and if there's any chance to retrieve it with an endoscope rather than opening him up. Here's a short Youtube video to give you an idea of how it's done.
Thank you so very much. Here is an update he drank a lot of water at about 1 in the morning. It's now 5:30 pm. He had not thrown up again. Do you think the blockage may have have unblocked?
He seems to be doing better. I put him in a bath of warm water and he swam for a bit then got out. Now he is sitting in the window, he loves to look outside.

suebec

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I should still have him x-rayed. I ask because I have no money for the cost of a vet?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I should still have him x-rayed. I ask because I have no money for the cost of a vet?
Is he eating? Does he have a black beard? Is he acting normal ? basking eating etc?

suebec

Bearded Dragon Egg
I apologize for not getting back with you. It turned out that he was able to digest that lava rock. He is back to his normal self. Thank you so very much for taking the time to help me. I ended up giving him a few drops of mineral oil. I think that was what helped. This site you have is awesome. Usually you can't even get a simple answer from any sites. They always want money some way shape or form. You guys are awesome.
Is he eating? Does he have a black beard? Is he acting normal ? basking eating etc?
For not gett

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I apologize for not getting back with you. It turned out that he was able to digest that lava rock. He is back to his normal self. Thank you so very much for taking the time to help me. I ended up giving him a few drops of mineral oil. I think that was what helped. This site you have is awesome. Usually you can't even get a simple answer from any sites. They always want money some way shape or form. You guys are awesome.

For not gett
Glad to hear