• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kinked tail worsening.

Kristen Haskett

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is Maui, he's a big cuddle bug.View attachment 20948
I'm concerned about my baby, he had a kink in his tail when I got him from his previous owner, I've had him for roughly three years and it is suddenly getting worse? Looking closely at it I noticed that following the kink the colour goes slightly darker, like very slightly, but its black at the very tip. He has a cave inside his tank that he just loves to be in but he wraps himself around against it once he's inside it, I'm wondering if sleeping in that position with his tail bent his caused this slowly? Or is it tail rot? He has proper lighting, proper heating, has baths 3 times a week, no sand(learnt that the hard way), repti-carpet, "rock carpet", a log and a cave. He goes back and forth from calcium covered crickets to superworms(would eat the whole bucket if I let him), he loves his kale, romaine, blueberries(his favourite), carrots(not daily), broccoli and strawberries.
I'm not sure any of that is relevant to his tail but might as well get to know my little mau wow while you're at it View attachment 20946 View attachment 20947