• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping Puff's cage warm this winter.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
We tend to keep our house on the cool side in winter (68 F) I'm thinking I will need to have a heat lamp on at night. I know they aren't supposed to emit light, but will any heat lamp do?
Here's a pick of the cage....
e9417dfc4061d579916d19459d82a486.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
68F is still just fine during the night time hours.. As long as it doesn't get below 65F they are good and need that cool down to "reset" their bodies.. if it falls below that you want to get a CHE (ceramic heating element) these give off heat with NO light. You don't want any colored light on day or night but especially no light at night as they need that time of darkness to actually feel safe enough to actually sleep..