• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kanunu and Quasimodo Photos and Updates

XxB4DT34M4T3xX

Hatchling Dragon
Kanunu and Quasi are getting along splendidly. Quasi has been getting around better, she is finally eating and pooping. I am having some concerns about their unkind feelings towards their greens, they don't seem eat anything green. They both aren't eating their greens, I've tired Watercress, Collard Greens, Dandelion Greens, Chicory Greens, Bok Choy, Cabbage, Parsley, Green Beans. I cant even get them to eat fruit. They are eating their dusted worms, so that's better than nothing. I've tired about everything to get these little veggie haters to eat. powdering them, hanging them, wetting them, mixing them with worms. letting them float in water, letting them eat off the actual plant (not treated with any pesticides)... I'm lost on this. I really don't know what to do from here.

On another note, here are some pictures of Quasi's new life with Kanunu.

First time I got her to eat.

A day bathing in the sun

Basking in the warm Nevada sun.

Close up of her color and pattern. She's a lot different than most dragons, idk what kind of dragon she is.

Sorry its blurry but here's their cute little noggins

It's appreciated on any advice you can give on the greens.
Also, is Organic Coconut Oil good for bearded dragons?

More posts soon to come on the progress of little Quasimodo
Thanks for all your support!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They look great! Don't worry about the greens, little ones don't always take to greens right away. Plus they need more protein at this point. Keep offering greens though and eventually they will come around. My Dexter is almost 1 1/2 years and she doesn't like a lot of greens either.

XxB4DT34M4T3xX

Hatchling Dragon
Do you have them on crickets or roaches?
No I have them on Meal Worms and Super Worms. Quasimodo cant get her food otherwise, with her back issue she cant chase to catch her prey, and she isn't taking them out of my hand yet. I'm still building up the trust with her.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh God love her! Poor thing! Maybe pheonix worms as a good staple??? I'm not familiar with supers. A good staple feeder?? I have picky worm living water Dragon. Lol we do pheonix worms but they're pricey!

XxB4DT34M4T3xX

Hatchling Dragon
Oh God love her! Poor thing! Maybe pheonix worms as a good staple??? I'm not familiar with supers. A good staple feeder?? I have picky worm living water Dragon. Lol we do pheonix worms but they're pricey!
I was reading up on Phoenix worms, I've heard they aren't hard to raise on your own, you just need a good compost and time. its more cost effective since they are pricy.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol....I have bug issues,..not With the worms... it they are when they aren't worms...lol I raise dubia roaches, but she's on a worm only strike! How nasty are the pheonix" bugs"?

XxB4DT34M4T3xX

Hatchling Dragon
Lol....I have bug issues,..not With the worms... it they are when they aren't worms...lol I raise dubia roaches, but she's on a worm only strike! How nasty are the pheonix" bugs"?
So you don't like the Bugs or you don't like the worms? sorry I'm slow this afternoon.
Holding Roaches and Crickets are why I have such and issue, I cant hand feed them to my bearded dragon because I jump every time they squirm. Worms are easy to hold, they don't creep me out and I can hold still to feed Quasi and if I drop them they move slow enough that she can catch them. I'll probably feed her meal worms until she is comfortable with my hand and will eat them as soon as hold them in front of her.
Right now I'm doing leg exercises with her everyday where I just gently pull her leg straight and slowly bending it back, She has little to no muscle in her back legs, I'm starting to see results with it, she is now flexing and pulling my finger back close to her body with her foot. She is able to get around better too, so I may try crickets here soon

XxB4DT34M4T3xX

Hatchling Dragon
Also back to your first question, Supers are a great staple, they're great in protein and are easy to get to eat greens before feeding to the dragon. The only problem is, is that if you buy them in large amount and don't go through them quickly enough they start killing and eating each other and then you have to pick through the dead and live ones. its a pain, and easier to just buy less amounts and make more trips to the store.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: hand feeding bugs and such :

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: hand feeding (part2) : nope - i cant do it. Yuck. I use tongs Yellow plastic feeding tongs. Both bd's and geckos know what the tongs mean. Pavlovian, actually!

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow! I had no clue I could use supers as a staple! Now where my dragons are.still small, I wonder if they'd be ok on size?? They actually sell supers at pet ships here. Pheonix worms are harder to.come across. Both my.dragins are under 10 inches.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
And back to YOUR question earlier....it's the bugs I have issues with. I can BARELY stand having the roaches around! Lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wow! I had no clue I could use supers as a staple! Now where my dragons are.still small, I wonder if they'd be ok on size?? They actually sell supers at pet ships here. Pheonix worms are harder to.come across. Both my.dragins are under 10 inches.

Look for medium size supers. That's what I feed Luci and they are the perfect size, not to big but not to small.