• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just signed up

Billy K

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well.... i thought i would join a forum as im new to all this Dragon thing. I have a 6 mos old Red leather back named
"Sweet Boy" (the girl that sold him to me kept saying " he's such a sweet boy") and he is quite docile. I did some reading
about the Reds and i saw where red leather backs can have skin problems because they don't have scales. I dont know accurate
this is but im open to advice and any knowledge from here. Thanks to all in advance.
20211021_150734.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think you are thinking of silkies for skin sensitivity- please make sure you have these things for your dragon 2 digital probe thermometers- one for the basking side placed on the spot where he basks for 10 min or so 95-100- a bright white basking bulb that keeps those temps-- no colored bulbs please-- a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 + gallon tank no coils please they are inadequate and give little to no uvb- examples of fixtures are Zoo Med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb-- Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a sunblaster nano tech this will come w/ a bulb-- all T 5 bulbs need to be changed out approx yr from install I recommend one month prior to- if you have anymore questions please ask-- all these things I have posted are crucial to his overall health and behavior

Billy K

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for that Sadie, i most probably read it wrong. I have all the light stuff
covered. Reptisun 36" LED UVB/w 5.0 T5 HO bulb, ReptiZoo dual dome w/ 100w
sun blaster, 150w heat element. I will have other questions, but will try the search
function first.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think you are thinking of silkies for skin sensitivity- please make sure you have these things for your dragon 2 digital probe thermometers- one for the basking side placed on the spot where he basks for 10 min or so 95-100- a bright white basking bulb that keeps those temps-- no colored bulbs please-- a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 + gallon tank no coils please they are inadequate and give little to no uvb- examples of fixtures are Zoo Med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb-- Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a sunblaster nano tech this will come w/ a bulb-- all T 5 bulbs need to be changed out approx yr from install I recommend one month prior to- if you have anymore questions please ask-- all these things I have posted are crucial to his overall health and behavior
Please upgrade the 5.0 bulb to a 10.0 bulb --- the distance between the two bulbs is different -- 6-8 inches for the 5.0 that bulb is more for aquarium the 10.0 is for reptiles distance should be 12-15 inches inside the tank -- also the 5.0 MUST be inside the tank it is not strong enough to go thru the screen if that is where it is