• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just rescued a juvenile bearded dragon NOT EATING

Babyduck100

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I just rescued a bearded dragon a few days ago I brought him home and the rest of that night I let him chill in his new enclosure just to get used to it and feel safe. So the next day I get up and he’s still in the same spot I figured maybe he’s just nervous so I turn on his basking bulb and continue about my day he has a salad in the cage he didn’t eat however he ate about 4 medium crickets and was done. Went back to basking in the same spot and he sleeps a lot I’ve handled him quite a few times now he actually kinda likes it he cuddles up in your hand and goes to sleep. But the last two days he hasn’t eaten any salad or crickets someone had asked me what my basking spot was so I measured it it was at 90 even though this is my first bearded dragon I knew that was too low so I took back that bulb they recommended and bought a better one, the basking spot is about 100-105 now. I’m using a exo terra intense basking spot 100w heat bulb and a reptisun 10.0 uvb. What do I do to help this guy we also do not have any vets remotely close to me that will see a reptile so I really dont know what to do I don’t want him to die in my care and I don’t want to just take him back and let him die alone and miserable. Any help and advice is appreciated

Pat G

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's afraid and adjusting to change... just make sure his cage is temp correct he has a basking hammock or area and a safe haven like a cave or log... keep feeding him fresh greens everyday and when he gets adjusted to his new environment he will relax