• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just a thought

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I was thinking about different things to put in the bottom of my beardies tank. Sand can be bad for them so can wood chips and loose things (but in every pet store I've been in around here has cedar chips in all the reptiles tanks. its crazy) so that leaves reptile carpet which could be bad too if pieces get eaten so that leaves tile. but I thought what about laminet flooring? Its easy to clean like tile but unlike tile flexable and easy to cut. What yall think would that be a good safe thing to use?

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
Awesome! well I cut a piece I had here for my tank and I like the way it looks but I am going to go and get a different pattern

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
When I had glass aquarium,I sticky tiled both sides,bottom and put desert background in back,looked good,easy to clean and he couldn't see his reflection.

Toni17

Hatchling Dragon
The TV stand conversion is not going to happen. It's going to be too small and I don't want to end up having to build another enclosure. The TV stand will be used as a stand and cabinet for homemade enclosure. Is 4'x2'x2' the standard?

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
The one I built is that size,plenty of room for him to run around and climb,he is 18mnths old 21 inches long and almost 500 grams,its plenty of room for him:) can't wait to see pics!

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you use laminate, just be sure to buy the higher priced stuff and not the cheapo stuff. Some laminate has a very high VOC and will offgas for years. When you are talking about a small animal in an enclosed space, that can have some potential health effects that could be profound. Make sure and go for the low or No VOC laminate and stay away from the glues.

Just as a side note, bioactive soil is a very safe, natural and great looking substrate to use also.