• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Isopods with Crickets?

Jennie C.

Bearded Dragon Egg
I do not have a cricket colony, I just buy what I need once a week. I’ve recently started an isopod colony (just for fun). I’m wondering if I could house my crickets in with the isopods? Would save me from cleaning the tank every week and maybe they wouldn’t stink so bad.

Thanks in advance!

TazDeveloper

Bearded Dragon Egg
I do not have a cricket colony, I just buy what I need once a week. I’ve recently started an isopod colony (just for fun). I’m wondering if I could house my crickets in with the isopods? Would save me from cleaning the tank every week and maybe they wouldn’t stink so bad.

Thanks in advance!
That would be cool to know. I was just about to ask about cricket alternatives because of the smell. It would be different if I could keep them in a bio active enclosure that self cleans. If you happen to try this, please post how it turns out.

TazDeveloper

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recommend not keeping crickets in w/ the dragon - crickets bite and can cause infection --
Thanks for the reply, To be clear, I was talking about a separate enclosure for the crickets . I have a couple of little containers with tubes that make it easy to get crickets out. It smells extremely bad. If it was possible to place crickets in their own bioactive container, and it kept the smell down, that would be awesome.