• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Isopod concerns

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I pick up crickets from time to time at a local pet store for variety, but I Notice there are a lot of other critters that hitch a ride with them in the egg crates. They look like little fuzzy worms and beetles. Is there harm in feeding these to my dragon? Usually I dump them out when I clean the critter keeper, but I'm sure eventually one is going to accidentally end up in Reggie's food dish and by the time I notice it will be too late.

So are these ok for him to eat? Obviously not as a staple, but are they toxic or harmful to him?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, The little fuzzy worm like insects in with your crickets are more than likely dermestid larvae. They are ok to feed to your dragon.