1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Health' started by Loaf, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Loaf

Loaf Bearded Dragon Egg

I just got this beardie yesterday at a chain pet store, I know bad idea. And I noticed some black on the tail when I got him home. also he doesn’t seem to be eating right. Any help would be great guys, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Natasha Slatter

Natasha Slatter Bearded Dragon Egg

I got two of my little babies from a pet store also. They were left together and chewed on each other's tails. One of them has recently dropped off and the other has healed well so far.
    Yours looks the same.
  3. Loaf

Loaf Bearded Dragon Egg

Hm ok did you treat the tails with anything?
  4. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Juvenile Dragon

Causes of tail rot are:
    1. Injuries/trauma - caused by falls, or by any other bearded dragon.

2. Malnourished - make sure he has a balanced diet and he gets the nourishment he needs

How to identify tail rot:
    1. Dried out - Decaying tail won't be able to retain moisture, check if it's dried out completely.

2. Very thin, brittle - Decaying tail won't be able to process nourishment, causing it to become more thin and brittle.

What to do after finding out it has a tail rot:
    1. Go to a vet - very recommended

For more info, please see the link: https://reptile.guide/bearded-dragon-tail-rot/