• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this seller trying to scam me or am I insane?

CrystalDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought a bearded dragon off of some kind of community breeding website, and it was something like a red citrus leather back, which isn't really a color combination I'm familiar with, but it was cheap, and I needed a leatherback male.

So he assured me he'd send photos before delivery, so I was feeling confident about the purchase, but I swear the photo he sent looks nothing like the one he posted on the website.

I dont even think its a leather back, and I was trying to explain that I dont really care about the color, I just need a leather back.

He keeps saying hes "in shed" so his color is dull. But like.. I dont care about the color??? I keep trying to tell him this, but hes not acknowledging the question.

I just need need someone else's opinion on this, because maybe it is the same dragon and Im just looking at it wrong. I seriously dont care about the color, I just need to be sure its a leather back.

This is the dragon that was pictured
68319313_661822387560564_8358639393245757440_n.jpg

And this is the photo he sent me after purchase
67805807_358140038431792_702902716891922432_n.jpg

I can see the colors of the arms and legs are definitely lighter, but it just doesnt look like a leather back to me.

Beertruck

Hatchling Dragon
I remember seeing that dragon on Morph Market by Png. The seller had a few that looked kinda similar, and I remember him/her from the raccoon bandit like red lines by him/her eyes. If I'm remembering correctly, he had a few that looked similar, probably from the same clutch.
From the pic, in my opinion, it could go either way whether its a leatherback or not.

SwaysMommy01

Hatchling Dragon
That to me does not look like the same dragon. Why don’t you try daichu bearded dragons they always have quality leatherbacks decently priced and they ship I believe. They post knew dragons every Sunday I believe.

Melanie White

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought a bearded dragon off of some kind of community breeding website, and it was something like a red citrus leather back, which isn't really a color combination I'm familiar with, but it was cheap, and I needed a leatherback male.

So he assured me he'd send photos before delivery, so I was feeling confident about the purchase, but I swear the photo he sent looks nothing like the one he posted on the website.

I dont even think its a leather back, and I was trying to explain that I dont really care about the color, I just need a leather back.

He keeps saying hes "in shed" so his color is dull. But like.. I dont care about the color??? I keep trying to tell him this, but hes not acknowledging the question.

I just need need someone else's opinion on this, because maybe it is the same dragon and Im just looking at it wrong. I seriously dont care about the color, I just need to be sure its a leather back.

This is the dragon that was pictured
68319313_661822387560564_8358639393245757440_n.jpg

And this is the photo he sent me after purchase
67805807_358140038431792_702902716891922432_n.jpg

I can see the colors of the arms and legs are definitely lighter, but it just doesnt look like a leather back to me.

Second pic, not a leatherback. Doesn't even look like the same dragon. Some People!! :(