• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this retained shed or something else

td103

Bearded Dragon Egg
his toe looks inflamed, I’ve soaked him everyday for the last week and it doesn’t seem to be loosening up any skin. I’m not sure if maybe he snagged his nail and it could have caused this or if it’s shed cutting off circulation. Other foot pictured for comparison. Thanks!

Attachments

• 88E645B8-C750-4DD2-9AA8-91B9F5E81692.jpeg
    88E645B8-C750-4DD2-9AA8-91B9F5E81692.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • 102058C3-4B69-4A4C-85B2-6760DE213CA4.jpeg
    102058C3-4B69-4A4C-85B2-6760DE213CA4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah, it looks swollen alright. My guess is he has caught it on something and caused a bit of soft tissue damage. Not a lot you can do but keep a close eye on it. It doesnt look too bad, it might be a good idea to not let him climb on anything for a while, he could exacerbate the injury if he falls or jumps off anything. If the swelling doesnt start going down or gets worse, it will mean a vet visit for a possible xray and anti inflammitories. There are other possible reasons for swelling in the extremities ,such as gout or mbd, but as its just in one toe I think we can rule them out , snagging it seems the most likely explaination.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No stuck shed. Looks like he may have broken the toe. Is he favoring it?

td103

Bearded Dragon Egg
No stuck shed. Looks like he may have broken the toe. Is he favoring it?
He’s been getting around just fine, I don’t know exactly how long it’s been swollen because I just noticed it recently but he’s just as active as he’s always been