• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this normal?

Midge

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, my bearded dragon has been having difficulty going to the toilet and was wondering if her stool is normal colour etc

The bit that has been ringed you can see some odd bits of bug like wings from the locust and some old mealworm shells.

She has been having problems for a few months now, only going in the bath. Been to the vet and they said he diet is lacking moisture. When she went about a month ago you could clearly see half eaten mealworms etc but by that point I had already stopped feeding her mealworms.

She won't eat veg no matter what I do. She has maybe 3-4 small/medium locust a day and she is 24 weeks old. Vet seen pictures of her set up and temp and all of it was perfect.
a6e48aa65f792bd3c2222b3923c3b484.jpg
495e24bbd5290387e3caf5696b52db71.jpg

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Dolomites Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would add that if you are thinking she is not getting enough fluids you can use baby food. You can bath more often for awhile too.

When mine was sick I feed him a plunger full of baby organic food this adds fluids & nutrition (chicken & kale). Be careful of the ingredients because sometimes they have a mixture that is food that is a no go for our dragons. Also, be careful that she doesn’t become too dependent on that way of food because it’s a hard habit to break.

Maybe have the vet do a fecal test to look for parasites?

The first person that responded Kaylyn is the bomb & really helped me when my guy was so sick so all her advice is golden.

Oh and mine only poops in the water & it’s a pain but at least I can let it go down the drain.

Beertruck

Hatchling Dragon
Mine is having some eating issues right now, and I am plungering him the food from the vet daily, and the same with water & calcium. He hates water, even baths, and plunging water is . so needed. He hasn't voluntarily eaten since July 4th and I've been to the vet many times. Going for another check up this weekend.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Mine is the same way with water. I've had good luck with syringe-feeding baby food for supplemental hydration. Sweet potato did best since it didn't drip much. He *hates* anything to drip on his chin, and runs when I try to wipe it off (I don't hold/restrain him to syringe feed - just drip the food on his upper lip, more or less). Green beans drip a bit more. Mango is somewhere in between as far as consistency.