• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this normal shedding?

JenB2000

Bearded Dragon Egg
2E1BAA8B-0DA5-423F-8089-776E4F995B1E.jpeg

I got my bearded dragon two days ago and I’ve just noticed this on his leg, is this him just shedding or is there something wrong? I haven’t seen It look like this before so just want to check.

Lot

Bearded Dragon Egg
That does not look normal. I'm not sure what's going on with his leg but you should definitely take him to a vet. Normal shedding is lighter in color and looks lile skin. I hope all goes well!!

JenB2000

Bearded Dragon Egg
That does not look normal. I'm not sure what's going on with his leg but you should definitely take him to a vet. Normal shedding is lighter in color and looks lile skin. I hope all goes well!!

Thanks for replying, I also contacted the guy I got him from and he said he must have been clumsy and got his leg caught in something so just need to make sure it keeps healing and doesn’t start oozing or anything

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
I would definitely take your lil guy to the vet. It looks possibly infected to the vet can maybe give you something to help

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, that does not look good at all, I would definitely take him to the vet as soon as possible, it looks like his foot is going to fall off. In the meantime to help I would suggest giving him a bath.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 22521
I got my bearded dragon two days ago and I’ve just noticed this on his leg, is this him just shedding or is there something wrong? I haven’t seen It look like this before so just want to check.
It’s normal sometimes they shed in certain areas at a time!! Give him more baths a week when he sheds like 3 times a week for 15min instead of 2times a week. Like warm water that’s filtered or use tap water and place 2drops of reptisafe for every cup of water this kills the chlorine, chlorine harms a dragon. Then pat him dry him right away with a soft terry cloth and place him under the ZoO Med basking Bulb. Make sure your bulb is not a colored one like black or red or a coil bulb it burns their eyes and is very very bad for them!!! Reptisun long tubular bulb for UVb and ZooMed basking bulb for heat. And 12-14 Hours a day for heat and uvb try and do the same times everyday of able