• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this beardies poop normal?

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Hello everyone, I have had a 4 month old beardie for 2 months now. Once a week or so he has these weird poops. Like, one day it will be perfect color, smell, and Consistency and the next it will be green is brownish and liquidy. Just wondering if u guys knew what could be wrong or if it is just normal for beardies to have the occasional weird poops, but he himself acts perfectly fine. This started about a month ago. Here's some things you might need to know to help you out.

I only have him, no other bearded dragon. But I do have a dog, and a cat.

I have a ProT5 arcadia uvb light and a 10.0 heat lamp. His humidity is a little high. Idk of the hydrometer is wrong or not, but it stays at about 50-60%. I've tried everything to lower it so I think the hydrometer might just be a bit off. His warm side stays at about 100-105 degrees and his cold side stays at about 80 degrees.

At about 9 in the morning he gets a salad, most of the time with turnip greens, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, grapes or a different fruit, he only gets like one slice of fruit a week, and to top it off carrots and black soldier fly larvae. ( ever since I got the BSL his poops have been consistently runnier but not diarrhea. Then he always get about 25 cricket at about 6, sometimes ill give him a couples worms here and there throughout the day.

Let me know if there is anything else you need, also if u think it could help I can give u guys a picture of him. I just really would like some help, thankyou:)

Attachments

• 16037459369466610359934587836841.jpg
    16037459369466610359934587836841.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • 16037459518462367371856722289182.jpg
    16037459518462367371856722289182.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone, I have had a 4 month old beardie for 2 months now. Once a week or so he has these weird poops. Like, one day it will be perfect color, smell, and Consistency and the next it will be green is brownish and liquidy. Just wondering if u guys knew what could be wrong or if it is just normal for beardies to have the occasional weird poops, but he himself acts perfectly fine. This started about a month ago. Here's some things you might need to know to help you out.

I only have him, no other bearded dragon. But I do have a dog, and a cat.

I have a ProT5 arcadia uvb light and a 10.0 heat lamp. His humidity is a little high. Idk of the hydrometer is wrong or not, but it stays at about 50-60%. I've tried everything to lower it so I think the hydrometer might just be a bit off. His warm side stays at about 100-105 degrees and his cold side stays at about 80 degrees.

At about 9 in the morning he gets a salad, most of the time with turnip greens, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, grapes or a different fruit, he only gets like one slice of fruit a week, and to top it off carrots and black soldier fly larvae. ( ever since I got the BSL his poops have been consistently runnier but not diarrhea. Then he always get about 25 cricket at about 6, sometimes ill give him a couples worms here and there throughout the day.

Let me know if there is anything else you need, also if u think it could help I can give u guys a picture of him. I just really would like some help, thankyou:)
It looks good hes got extra hydration going -- they will poop it out

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It’s probably the salad that’s doing it. You’re giving you beardie a lot of fruit and veggies that are high in water like the cucumber tomato and bell peppers. So they are over hydrating him and causin him to have diarrhea. Here’s a website for bearded dragon diet also when they’re that young I’d just focus more on their protein than veggies because they should be getting an 80:20 ratio of protein to veggies and when they’re adults it flips