• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this an early sign of MBD?

PrincessofMirkwood

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my beardie has done this ever since I first got him. He doesn’t seem to pay much attention to what he does with his toes and legs. Most of the time when I’m holding them he kind of just lets them go limp. I’m doing everything I can to prevent MBD and I am terrified of him getting it. Please tell me this isn’t that.

Attachments

• FA59EEA0-F11C-4E9D-998C-EEAFB9EEF6D7.jpeg
    FA59EEA0-F11C-4E9D-998C-EEAFB9EEF6D7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

PrincessofMirkwood

Bearded Dragon Egg
more pictures of what I mean

Attachments

• 38DB6EA7-E2BE-4D5B-B017-FF6C3C45D2DD.jpeg
    38DB6EA7-E2BE-4D5B-B017-FF6C3C45D2DD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 93BB8609-E6A8-4848-9570-C10A6A359EDA.jpeg
    93BB8609-E6A8-4848-9570-C10A6A359EDA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

PrincessofMirkwood

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my beardie has done this ever since I first got him. He doesn’t seem to pay much attention to what he does with his toes and legs. Most of the time when I’m holding them he kind of just lets them go limp. I’m doing everything I can to prevent MBD and I am terrified of him getting it. Please tell me this isn’t that.
Also he has started closing one eye while in his basking area and I’m not sure why.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also he has started closing one eye while in his basking area and I’m not sure why.
So those are normal positions for a dragon-- closing of the eye while basking is normal as well ----BUT we need to go over the lighting in your tank -- how big is the tank? What are you using for a UVB? A coil or a tube this is going to determine the MBD issue- if your using a coil get rid of it now please -- they are no good and will cause MBD-- you want a long tube fixture -- basking bulbs need to be a solid clear bright white bulb -- please no colored no off white or daytime bulbs --- examples of bulbs you need are Flukers Exo Terra Intense Arcadia Halogen or Zoo Med Repti basking bulbs --- you want surface basking temps of 105-110 for a baby taken w/ a digital probe thermometer please NO stick ons they are inaccurate

Latest posts