• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is the thrill of the hunt dead??

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey All,
I have been wondering lately what has happened to the thrill of the hunt? In our society as a whole EVERYTHING is now instant. Remember when you actually had to do research to find something? Remember going to a library to look something up? Being a member of multiple forum I have noticed that most people rarely look for the answers that are literally right at your fingertips. Now I'm not downing people with questions, because hey we all have questions. I was just wondering if anyone else missed the hunt.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not for me it isn't. You know how I tend to read quite a bit. Never know what i might learn day to day !
And I'm far from dead ;)
Janie.

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I still like to hunt. I go to the library regularly, but with my busy schedule I do a lot on line and I like to talk or type as the case maybe to people and gather a lot of opinions... I'm definitely one who asks around and reads up on things...

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm....very interesting topic. In today's world, we have become such a fast paced society that we need answers when we think of a question. Internet speeds have increased, remember dial-up....painful! Cell phones are a necessity and no longer a work item or luxury. The Internet alone has put so many libraries and retail stores out of business. Who has time to drive to a library, look up a list of books on their computers, go to the section, scan the titles and authors and then find the book you needed....

I admit, I've become accustomed to having things when I want them and not waiting. It's burned me a bit, but I wish the Internet was around when I was in school. ;D

Don't get me wrong, I still do my homework and ensure I have the big picture before making a conclusion. But with my hectic lifestyle, I don't have time to wait.