• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is she in pain?

EbrietasDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my Beardie, Ebrietas, was out running around. She climbed a bag that was on the floor/against the wall and then wall surfed and jumped off. She was probably 6 inches off the ground. She ran over to me and I put my hand down and she hissed at me! She's never hissed before, I was shook. I put her in her tank, and went to pet her back and she hissed again! So I left her alone, but now I'm wondering if she hurt herself when she jumped off the bag? She doesn't have a black beard, she's actually bright orange and ate a salad shortly after. She's almost 9months, 19inches long, 350g

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Did you pick her up from directly above above? When you do that they might feel like there's a bird above them and get stressed. If it was only six inches, she's probably fine.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my Beardie, Ebrietas, was out running around. She climbed a bag that was on the floor/against the wall and then wall surfed and jumped off. She was probably 6 inches off the ground. She ran over to me and I put my hand down and she hissed at me! She's never hissed before, I was shook. I put her in her tank, and went to pet her back and she hissed again! So I left her alone, but now I'm wondering if she hurt herself when she jumped off the bag? She doesn't have a black beard, she's actually bright orange and ate a salad shortly after. She's almost 9months, 19inches long, 350g
If her beard hasn't turned black and she's moving around good she's fine-- She probably scared herself give her time to calm down

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
I suggest paying attention if she hisses again, to see if it really is hissing and not peculiar breathing

EbrietasDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Did you pick her up from directly above above? When you do that they might feel like there's a bird above them and get stressed. If it was only six inches, she's probably fine.
I put my hand down in front of her, because usually she will run up and lick my hand. This time she hissed. And then again in her tank. I don't *think* it was peculiar breathing... It was pretty loud and really sounded like a hiss. But I could be wrong, this is my first beardie. She's been sleeping on me for the last hour, I don't hear any clicks or popping or crackling or whatever one might hear if she had a URI?

EbrietasDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
If her beard hasn't turned black and she's moving around good she's fine-- She probably scared herself give her time to calm down
I hope that's all it was, it really caught me off guard. She's never one time in her life shown aggressive behaviour. She's actually very snuggly. She likes to lay on my chest and watch TV and she will nuzzle her face into my neck/hands/face. Very friendly.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I put my hand down in front of her, because usually she will run up and lick my hand. This time she hissed. And then again in her tank. I don't *think* it was peculiar breathing... It was pretty loud and really sounded like a hiss. But I could be wrong, this is my first beardie. She's been sleeping on me for the last hour, I don't hear any clicks or popping or crackling or whatever one might hear if she had a URI?
Give her time she got startled-