• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my dragon to skinny,?

Michael9019

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is hé to skinny? I use powersun 100watt
20221020_171932.jpg
20221020_171909.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is hé to skinny? I use powersun 100wattView attachment 32914View attachment 32915
Good diet is going to put him up to the weight he need to be but your lighting and surface basking temps have everything to do w/ him eating--- the PowerSun is a good MVB but your going to need to supplement the UVB - most MVB's do not emit enough UVB and in time get weak and you will not know that cuz the heat is still there - please get either a 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 for a 40 + gallon tank or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - that one can be found at Pet Smart they have started carrying them --- the Zoo Med you may haft to order most pet stores do not carry them this one will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up but the distance and placement will be different from the 10.0 bulb --- when you get the fixture please post back on here I can help you place it for your tank - the screen will determine where it goes -- for basking temps you want surface basking temps of 105-110 for a baby and that needs to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are in accurate
for diet he needs a staple insect 2-3 times per day dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding / day w/ vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding / day ----- he needs fresh salads http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale info it is outdated
you can get him some BSFL they are a good staple for babies do not dust them- feed as many as you want on top of his salads feed first thing in the morning then about a hr later feed his main staple -- I recommend dubia roaches they are filling and more nutritional than crickets ---- silk worms are another good staple feeder - you want him eating salads now or at least some as the diet will change at a year old or so --
you want his tail thick and fat --- a good diet of salads staple insects and some worms like super or horn worms NO meal worms they are too harsh on babies stomachs - those are for older dragons --- feed 1-3 super worms every other day on top of his salads - horn worms grow very fast so feed 1-2 every day til gone as we dont want them out growing him order in small amounts ---
www.dubiaroaches.com go by the chart for ordering roaches - do not feed insects bigger than the space between his eyes ---
www.reptilianarts.com good silk worms ---
I have more websites for insects and roaches etc if you want them

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thank you for help i will biy an extra uv bulp and superworms thanks alot
Please get one of the UVB's recommended --- when you get the fixture please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for your tank

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Have you been able to get a better quality of UVB light thus far? As Karrie suggested, it would be a good
idea to use a T5 tube, in combination with the Powersun for maximum UVB exposure.
I don't think he is really too thin, but he could stand to gain a little bit. Is his appetite doing pretty good right
now?
Can he walk, run & climb normally?

Tracie