• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my dragon stressed or brumating?

ameade21

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, my beardie is almost 6 months old. He lives in a 40 gallon breeder tank with reptile carpet. The lighting fixtures for his tank are the following: Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO lamp for UVB and a Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Bulb (75 watt). At nighttime, I turn on a ceramic heater, since it gets cold.

The basking spot gets to be around 110 F degrees. And the cool spot is around 75 F - 77 F degrees during the day. At night, the ceramic heater keeps the cage around 84 F - 88 F degrees. His lights turn on at 9:30am and go off at 10:30pm.

Lately, he's been in his hide all day. He will only come out if I lift his hide and move him or if I release crickets into his tank. After feeding, he will usually stay out to bask. But I have to take him out of the hide each day, otherwise, he won't come out. And sometimes, he won't eat and just go back into his hide.

This has been going on for almost 2 weeks. Is he brumating or stressed? I live in the Midwest, and the weather is starting to get colder outside. But the heat in his cage has been consistent.

Also, he just finished shedding.