• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my beardie sick?

DrewGarcia

Hatchling Dragon
Hey everyone. My husband bought me a beardie from petsmart, about a week ago.. This is my first bearded dragon. However I have 3 leopard geckos..anyway he's still a baby, but I've noticed I can feel his hip bones. He acts fine, eats, and poops normally. And when I first got him I noticed he had just shed. His eyes are bright. Is it normal, just because he's younger? He doesn't act sick at all.. I guess I may just be paranoid.. Any advice would be great.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just looks like a baby, give him lots of good protein and make sure you feed him/her 3x a day..

DrewGarcia

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you so much! I've been so worried. I didn't know if maybe it was just because she/he was still little that I could feel it. Thanks for easing my mind.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much! I've been so worried. I didn't know if maybe it was just because she/he was still little that I could feel it. Thanks for easing my mind.
No worries just make sure your giving good gut loaded yummy protein I feed a variety but my staple is dubia roaches, then I also give him butterworms, waxworms, phoenix worms, and a nice salad/veggies cut up nice and small. My typical salad is collard, dandilion greens, small amount of kale, zucs, squash, acorn squash, pears, dandilion flowers, bee pollen powder.
most of us go by the 2 food item links that can be found in the general care link under this comment..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's a doll! He looks fine. He's just a baby so you are going to feel things more. Just give him some healthy proteins and some good salads. Make sure you are dusting his bugs with supplements and he should be just fine!