• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my bearded dragon laying eggs?

Joren Dunnavant

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon is about 4 or 5 years old (we thought it was a male but maybe not). Anyway, he/she has been acting really squirrelly lately and refuses to eat but keeps wiping her butt over everything. In the last 3 days I’ve found these strange orange/yellow balls that are either infertile eggs or fermented blueberries that he ate raw.
1D395B7A-7640-4678-8764-355F35C096DB.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon is about 4 or 5 years old (we thought it was a male but maybe not). Anyway, he/she has been acting really squirrelly lately and refuses to eat but keeps wiping her butt over everything. In the last 3 days I’ve found these strange orange/yellow balls that are either infertile eggs or fermented blueberries that he ate raw.View attachment 33302
Gonna have someone take a look that are more experienced w/ egg laying etc-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gonna have someone take a look that are more experienced w/ egg laying etc-
She got back w/ me this is what she has said
If there are numerous objects like that then she is laying undeveloped infertile eggs.

So w / that being said I would get her a lay box and place in the tank
LAYBOX potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

It does appear she is laying infertile eggs. How is she doing?
As Sadie suggested., try making a laybox for her in the case she is going to be laying more eggs.
Are you giving adequate calcium for her right now?

Tracie

Joren Dunnavant

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

It does appear she is laying infertile eggs. How is she doing?
As Sadie suggested., try making a laybox for her in the case she is going to be laying more eggs.
Are you giving adequate calcium for her right now?

Tracie
Hi! Thank you for your help. I did exactly what you said and she laid about 16 eggs and I’m pretty sure she is done now. However, it’s been 2 days since she laid her eggs and she still hasn’t eaten. I’ve offered everything and even had to force feed her applesauce but she resisted pretty hard. She has gone from 3 lbs to less than 1 lb. Any ideas on what to do?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! Thank you for your help. I did exactly what you said and she laid about 16 eggs and I’m pretty sure she is done now. However, it’s been 2 days since she laid her eggs and she still hasn’t eaten. I’ve offered everything and even had to force feed her applesauce but she resisted pretty hard. She has gone from 3 lbs to less than 1 lb. Any ideas on what to do?
She needs calcium - Tracie will haft to help in that dept -- not sure why shes off her food tho --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She needs calcium - Tracie will haft to help in that dept -- not sure why shes off her food tho --
I got a hold of another person that can help this is what she has said
Some pics of the dragon to show her condition, also of the entire set up and lights. Keep her hydrated, offer baby food like squash or green bean mixed with water if you can't get her to drink. Hopefull she'll perk up soon !

Joren Dunnavant

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got a hold of another person that can help this is what she has said
Some pics of the dragon to show her condition, also of the entire set up and lights. Keep her hydrated, offer baby food like squash or green bean mixed with water if you can't get her to drink. Hopefull she'll perk up soon !
Lethargic or hyper, lots of contrast. Zero interest in any food. I had her in a 75 gallon but I broke it cleaning it out and won’t have another one until Wednesday. Right now she is in a temporary 40 gallon. Tank is 100 degrees on one side and 70 on the other. She has also been wheezing but that’s been going on for months.

Attachments

• E4BC6466-348F-4DC5-A9B7-A1716DD0ADAF.jpeg
    E4BC6466-348F-4DC5-A9B7-A1716DD0ADAF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lethargic or hyper, lots of contrast. Zero interest in any food. I had her in a 75 gallon but I broke it cleaning it out and won’t have another one until Wednesday. Right now she is in a temporary 40 gallon. Tank is 100 degrees on one side and 70 on the other. She has also been wheezing but that’s been going on for months.
If shes wheezing shes got a possible RI- any mucous or nasal or mouth drainage? -- please go over your surface basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons they are inaccurate - your UVB your using coil or a tube --- -- she does not look good in the pic -

Joren Dunnavant

Bearded Dragon Egg
If shes wheezing shes got a possible RI- any mucous or nasal or mouth drainage? -- please go over your surface basking temps and how your taking them NO stick ons they are inaccurate - your UVB your using coil or a tube --- -- she does not look good in the pic -
110 degrees on the hot side measured from surface. 75 degrees on cool side. UVA on hot side (it was a ceramic heater but I just replaced it with a UVA bulb). The middle of the tank is a combination of UVA halogen bulbs and UVB mini bulbs inserted into an overhead dome light. And then another UVB tube light on the cool side. She seems to have gotten depressed once we removed her infertile eggs. She had lots of energy before (even though she was not eating).

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
110 degrees on the hot side measured from surface. 75 degrees on cool side. UVA on hot side (it was a ceramic heater but I just replaced it with a UVA bulb). The middle of the tank is a combination of UVA halogen bulbs and UVB mini bulbs inserted into an overhead dome light. And then another UVB tube light on the cool side. She seems to have gotten depressed once we removed her infertile eggs. She had lots of energy before (even though she was not eating).
Please get rid of the UVB mini bulbs --- you want a long tube fixture like one of these--- what is the UVB tube light your have now is it a T 5 or a T 8? Is it inside the tank and how old is the bulb -- I posted websites for you for UVB's if you need them ---
24" for a 40 gallon tank
Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb 22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
this fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb
Pet Smart carries these 24 watt w/ a 12% bulb https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse
or this one you will need to replace the bulb w/ the one I posted above the 22" Reptisun
you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
next you a good clear solid bright white basking bulb like these
Exo Terra Intense basking bulb
Flukers or a Arcadia Halogen - they need to be able to keep temps 95-100 for surface basking temps- those need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- please get your dragon into a reptile vet to have her blood tested for infection and maybe Xrays for a RI-- please NO enemas at the vet ------ take a poop sample w/ you -- if you need her to poop feed her some baby food pumpkin- they will want a 24 hr sample - here is a website for a reptile vet
www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code if your in a small area/ town --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please get rid of the UVB mini bulbs --- you want a long tube fixture like one of these--- what is the UVB tube light your have now is it a T 5 or a T 8? Is it inside the tank and how old is the bulb -- I posted websites for you for UVB's if you need them ---
24" for a 40 gallon tank
Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb 22" https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs?variant=40630
this fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb
Pet Smart carries these 24 watt w/ a 12% bulb https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse
or this one you will need to replace the bulb w/ the one I posted above the 22" Reptisun
you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
next you a good clear solid bright white basking bulb like these
Exo Terra Intense basking bulb
Flukers or a Arcadia Halogen - they need to be able to keep temps 95-100 for surface basking temps- those need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- please get your dragon into a reptile vet to have her blood tested for infection and maybe Xrays for a RI-- please NO enemas at the vet ------ take a poop sample w/ you -- if you need her to poop feed her some baby food pumpkin- they will want a 24 hr sample - here is a website for a reptile vet
www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code if your in a small area/ town --
Update on the dragon please