• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my baby oky

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Hi! The past two days, I have realized my beardie has this sort of blueish tint under her eyes. She’s been huddling up in this hamster bed that’s located on her cooler side as well. She isn’t as interested in eating bugs lately (maybe because I’m feeding the same bugs this month?). Im just worried she may be sick. Is this normal?

Attachments

• A4414A8E-B710-4AB4-B675-190C957BB992.jpeg
    A4414A8E-B710-4AB4-B675-190C957BB992.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! The past two days, I have realized my beardie has this sort of blueish tint under her eyes. She’s been huddling up in this hamster bed that’s located on her cooler side as well. She isn’t as interested in eating bugs lately (maybe because I’m feeding the same bugs this month?). Im just worried she may be sick. Is this normal?
It looks like shed - and no she should not be hiding on the cool side - she should be basking at least 4 hrs per day babies usually bask most of the day -- please tell me your uvb your using coil or long tube fixture -- your surface basking temps -- how are you taking them ? No stick ons please you want a digital probe thermometer- for surface basking temps-- a solid clear bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 -

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
It looks like shed - and no she should not be hiding on the cool side - she should be basking at least 4 hrs per day babies usually bask most of the day -- please tell me your uvb your using coil or long tube fixture -- your surface basking temps -- how are you taking them ? No stick ons please you want a digital probe thermometer- for surface basking temps-- a solid clear bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 -
I move her to the basking side but she would move herself to the cooler side. The basking side is 103-107, while the cooler side is 75-83. I use Zoo Med Digital Terrarium Thermometer and Repti Zoo T5 uvb light fixture

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I move her to the basking side but she would move herself to the cooler side. The basking side is 103-107, while the cooler side is 75-83. I use Zoo Med Digital Terrarium Thermometer and Repti Zoo T5 uvb light fixture
Ok the fixture is fine please change you bulb to a reptisun 10.0 T 5 they are better bulbs- where in the tank is it? The screen is going to determine the distance and placement -- your basking bulb what are you using? No colored bulbs please brand of bulb -- something is off she be basking--- is she eating? She should be active eating basking and pooping

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok the fixture is fine please change you bulb to a reptisun 10.0 T 5 they are better bulbs- where in the tank is it? The screen is going to determine the distance and placement -- your basking bulb what are you using? No colored bulbs please brand of bulb -- something is off she be basking--- is she eating? She should be active eating basking and pooping
She is eating but not as much as she usually does. She poops too but her poop has been drastically smaller than usual, like half the size (probably due to her not eating much). The light fixture is inside the tank. I have the Reptisun T5, but I ordered Repti Zoo t5 light to replace it. I use Zoo Med 100W Basking lamp.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is eating but not as much as she usually does. She poops too but her poop has been drastically smaller than usual, like half the size (probably due to her not eating much). The light fixture is inside the tank. I have the Reptisun T5, but I ordered Repti Zoo t5 light to replace it. I use Zoo Med 100W Basking lamp.
Ok so the reptisun is the better bulb-- it should be directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches- so the basking temps are surface basking temps? And it's a probe correct? How is she getting water?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so the reptisun is the better bulb-- it should be directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches- so the basking temps are surface basking temps? And it's a probe correct? How is she getting water?
….I have the light fixture next to the basking light.. and yes it’s a probe and I have a water bowl that she usually soaks in.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
….I have the light fixture next to the basking light.. and yes it’s a probe and I have a water bowl that she usually soaks in.
Ok what is the humidity in the tank? And are you using a analog? This doesn't have anything to do w/ her behavior - something is off for her to be doing this- make sure your distance is 12-15 inches no closer than 12 this could be a reason why she's not basking- please post a pic of your tank

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok what is the humidity in the tank? And are you using a analog? This doesn't have anything to do w/ her behavior - something is off for her to be doing this- make sure your distance is 12-15 inches no closer than 12 this could be a reason why she's not basking- please post a pic of your tank
I cant post a picture right now because the lights are off. But yes, the light is a foot away from her. The humidity is 19-21.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I cant post a picture right now because the lights are off. But yes, the light is a foot away from her. The humidity is 19-21.
Ok humidity is ok you don't want it less than 20% and over 70% - I would in vest in a digital probe hygrometer zoo med makes them placed in the center back wall of your tank-- post a pic for me tomorrow so I can better see what maybe the cause of her behavior - it sounds like everything is good but her behavior is not -- how old is she?

m0chi

Hatchling Dragon
Ok humidity is ok you don't want it less than 20% and over 70% - I would in vest in a digital probe hygrometer zoo med makes them placed in the center back wall of your tank-- post a pic for me tomorrow so I can better see what maybe the cause of her behavior - it sounds like everything is good but her behavior is not -- how old is she?
she’s 7 months

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I bring her to the vet? How would I know if she’s sick?
No vet yet- she's not lethargic right? Post a better pic of her eye too I may enlist some help w/ this whole thing going on

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No vet yet- she's not lethargic right? Post a better pic of her eye too I may enlist some help w/ this whole thing going on
Please get a fecal into your reptile vet for testing of parasites --- if you actually take her in NO enemas --
www.arav.org
If you are in a small town / area please type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; please remove any colored or coiled bulbs; they burn their eyes. Also if too close to the UVB or not changing the uvb every 6 mnths will slowly lead them to death. Use a CLEAR bulb for heat and the Reptisun 10.0 T5 long tubular bulb and change the UVB every 6Mnths religiously. The uvb should be 10inches away or more the Beardie should not be closer than 10 inches to the uvb. Sounds like maybe he’s too close to the light. And if he doesn’t have proper heat or uvb they cannot walk or eat. Both lights should be ok for 10-12 hours in the winter and 12-14 more like 14 in the summer; they have more energy in the summer. At night all lights off, they like pure dark and quiet. And remove all food and water bowls and food scraps at bedtime from the enclosure. Best protein feeders are crickets and Dubia roaches dusted in calcium once per day 3-4 times per week & if he’s over 9mnths old u may add superworms and hornworms if he’s over 1.5 yrs of age as treats. Never ever feed bottled food or mealworms it destroys their tummy. And everyday for life the plate of greens and veggies; yellow squash, mustard greens collard greens endives kale and fruits like blueberries/mangoes/papayas once to twice per week. Also baths twice per week in lukewarm water means a sliver over cold and use Reptisafe drips to remove the chlorine. More baths when shedding and mist him 2-3 times per day. Rite now make the changes and get him to a good reptile vet ASAP.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Yea kinda

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I posted a website to find a vet for you-- how is the dragon doing?