• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing myself

Dovahzul

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have been an avid reptile lover since I caught my first fence lizard when I was 7. I've had tons of snakes, anoles, iguanas, and the occasional turtle in my care. I have done wildlife and reptile rehab since 2005 (only on wild species) and have been a veterinary technician since 2011.

I currently have a ball python, two cats, a ferret, and some fish - but sadly am suffering from empty cage syndrome. I have the old tanks my ball outgrew and have been torn between another snake and a beardy for about 6 months. My fiance is leaning toward the beardy as they seem more willing to just chill with their person than our snoot, and I have started to see his side of things with that - it would be nice to have a shoulder lizard while gaming and reading lol. I've been visiting reptile shows and expos all summer to talk with breeders and ask questions, and I've finally found a breeder that I really like.

So, now the research part of my brain has kicked in and I'm looking for all the advice on how to best set up a home for my soon to be dragon. I've read tons of care sheets and scientific articles, but owners and hobbyists like you all usually have more gold nuggets than any generalized book, so I hope to put your experiences to good use.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome. Beardies are very personable and love interacting with their humans. Under my comment are some links to general care that are real helpful.

Can't wait to see your little one!

Dovahzul

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks, I can't wait either - but I'm gonna do things right and get all the stuff over the next few months so I can spread out the cost and get the highest quality supplies. I want to make sure everything is set and right before getting the beastie.