• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing myself and Shenron

LanaW

Bearded Dragon Egg
A3761582-3ABA-4AF2-8AFC-4CE4826E30AD.jpeg
Hello! My name is Lana, I’m residing in Chicago right now with my fiancé, cat, dog and the newest member to our family Shenron! I have experience with several other reptiles and amphibians but new to bearded dragons. She about 8-9 months old and has been with us for about a week, seems to be adjusting well. Doesn’t really like to be picked up yet but I have held her a few times. I was curious to know what “type” she is because all dragons I have seen are red or brown. She is pretty yellow with red markings on her back?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome from another Chicagoan! It’s hard to see her colors from this picture. Looks like she might have a red light on?

LanaW

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh yes she had a red heat lamp, here are some other pics.

Attachments

• 13F12DA7-4398-480F-81FB-ACBCFAF7A151.jpeg
    13F12DA7-4398-480F-81FB-ACBCFAF7A151.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 45ACE190-E0AA-4C45-823A-2A90AED35A3F.jpeg
    45ACE190-E0AA-4C45-823A-2A90AED35A3F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yes she had a red heat lamp, here are some other pics.
You need to ditch the red lamp or any colored lamps as they are super hard on their eyes and don't allow their pupils to work correctly, and when used at night it casts shadows and doesn't allow them to fully rest.. If your night time temps get below 65F then get a CHE it is heat and no light..

LanaW

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks. Our place doesn’t get below 65 at night just yet. It’s usually around 70 so the heat lamp goes off. I will get a CHE when fall/winter hits for her as our place gets cold. Which kind of non colored lamp is best? I just got the lamp from her previous owner and she’s been raising BD for 20 years. Always has used red lamps.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I personally like the ZooMed basking bulbs. I tend to buy them on sale and stock up on them. Pet Supplies Plus likes to have them on sale a lot. You can also use a Par 38 Halogen bulb. You want a bulb without color that gives off heat.