• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introduced dubias, is more poop normal?

JenB

Bearded Dragon Egg
The title says it all...3 days ago I introduced dubias into Puff's diet. He/she is about 3 months old (adopted July 2nd and they estimated he was about 2 mo the old then). Had a cricket only diet and doesn't like salad (eats one-piece of greens from tongs and then realized I've duped him! Likes mango and apple, but not in large amounts). Anyway, we are 3 days into a combo of dubias and crickets and yesterday he pooped 3 times. (Healthy poop with white in it). Until yesterday, he consistently went once a day. I assume he's just adjusting to the new diet, but did I do too much too soon? He absolutely LOVES the dubias and just went after them immediately, so I let him have as many as he wanted for the last 2 days (which was about 11-15 each feeding along with about 10 crickets). The first day I only let him have about 5.

JenB

Bearded Dragon Egg
No hes good ---- I am assuming hes adjusting to the dubias --- they are way more healthier than crickets--- they tend to give parasites/ pinworms so its good your switching over --- still keep dusting them like the crickets and its great hes eating the mango and the apple-- what about greens are you feeding him any greens like mustard collard or turnip squash? here is a website for you for nutrition --- let him eat as many as he wants -- in the 10-15 minute time frame
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
kaylyn
Thanks Kaylyn - yep that's the list I'm using :) He likes turnip greens more than collard greens and doesn't care at all for squash. Haha. Thank you for replying and helping me with my new momma worries!