• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Intoduction

Coloradobeardiemamma

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I am new not only to this post but the world of beardies (so new I still call mine a bearded dragon lol). So our back story is...Bev is her/his name I have no idea how to tell. She belonged to my daughter (who had never owned one before either) and was left with me when she moved. My daughter has never been able to handle her; but from what 8 can tell it is because she was stressing the poor dear out and doing it wrong :( anyway now she seams a lot less stressed and is fairly happy "beardie". I have just been taking it really slow with her and put my hand in side her habitat several times a day without attempting to touch her. She is no longer getting a "black beard" when my hand is near her. I am excited to build a relationship with her and learn as much as I can. I am also building her a new enclosure so this is going to be a fun journey.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Good for you making Bev more comfortable! If you want to find out her sex, google "how to sex bearded dragons" for explanation and example pics of how to check/what to look for. Next steps would be to verify you have the lighting and temps right, and are offering a nutritious and varied diet. Beardies are wonderful pets!

Coloradobeardiemamma

Bearded Dragon Egg
The lighting, temps, and humidity are all on point. I am building her a new habit (as I mentioned) so further reach will be necessary for the larger enclosure. Her diet is kale with calcium supplement and super worms sometime crickets. She is still young so I am doing greens 20% of the time. I give her a bath once a week... we had a huge break through today and she let me pet her and she got on my hand herself... Yay!... thank you for the finding her sex advise.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Hooray for the petting success!!! If they're allowed where you live, would you consider feeding her dubia roaches? They're excellent feeders. Supers are not fabulous, especially for young beardies. They're not terrible as an add-on (not a staple) for adults and sub-adults, but really not great for young ones. You also could look into BSFL, and silkworms for feeding. (If you try the roaches, you'll find them easier to keep than crickets, and they're not stinky or noisy)

Latest posts